Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

brenspeed inspection problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Icculus88

Default brenspeed inspection problem

i went away to school and my dad took my mustang in to be inspected. I talked to the shop that did it and they sounded like they didnt know what was going on. i told them i had used a flash tuner and they acted like i swapped computers out. Anyways it failed and i cant go to the shop for i am 5 hours away at school. Any input?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

anytime you get an inspection, you need to reflash the computer back to stock.

what state are you in?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

In addition, if you have a O/R H Pipe and your state has OBD2 Testing, you will need to reinstall your stock H pipe.

The Emmission Friendly Tune (basically just turns your rear 02's back on) will not be enough to pass OBD2. You will actually need those rear 02's plugged into functional cats.

For those that get around this, my guess is you don't have OBD2 testing. If so, I would love to hear how you get around it.

I said screw it and removed my O/R H pipe because it wasn't worth the hassle. Lost 8 HP, but oh well.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:09 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Put the stock intake back on and re-tune to stock. It's that simple and youll pass. It even says on the tuner box- NOT for emmisions legal vehicles. The tune isnt made taking emmisions into consideration
Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

People get inspections with emissions testing on custom tuned cars all the time. The key is all your sensors must be on and in the ready state. You don't have to have a stock tune to pass, just all emissions sensors on and doing their thing.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I got a not ready error with the Brenspeed tune in MA. You can ask Brenspeed to give you an emissions friendly tune, or do what I did. Switch out your after market intake and flash the car back to stock.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

When it comes to getting an inspection I am going to take the cai/ and tune off. How many miles do you need to run with the "stock" tune before everything with the comp goes back to normal?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by matt07GT
When it comes to getting an inspection I am going to take the cai/ and tune off. How many miles do you need to run with the "stock" tune before everything with the comp goes back to normal?
Don't quote me but i've read on here b4 around 30miles of mixed driving. I'd run a whole week to be safe...
Old 11-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I didn't wait that long.

Switched the intake, reflashed, drove 25 minutes to work then got an inspection at lunch hour. Success!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Why do you need the stock intake? During my inspection, they opened the hood and saw my big Steeda CAI staring them in the face and it was no problem. They actually thought it was pretty bad ***. The Shelby GT and Bullit come with a CAI so having one on during inspection is no problem.

Quick Reply: brenspeed inspection problem