Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First time you saw your Mustang GT......

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Smile First time you saw your Mustang GT......

I thought it would be a cool way if we all told the stories of how we came across our first Mustang and how you felt the first time you saw it and started the engine...... I will start..

I was going to Carmax to look at a 1999 Pontiac Firebird..... I had been drooling over Mustangs on their site for months but my dad said it just cost to much so I had to aim lower and that how low he made me aim it was 9 grand... I sat in the seat and was like wow this is WAY to low and SMALL so I got out and we started looking around everything that was comfortable and nice to me was out of my price range... so we walked back in and I saw the only Mustang GT they had at the entire place at the time and I just had to go sit in it and see what it was like... it looked beautiful.. it felt powerful and sturdy. I sat in it and it fit like a glove.... and my mom said wow Brandon you look great in that thing "How much?" I was like 18.7 Grand and then she said it.. lets get it.. and I was like what!? And I started acting like I had just won the lottery in my head of course no screaming just LOTS and LOTS of thank you's so anyway she was about to just pay the whole thing off right there and let me pay her off over time... BUT the banks were closed.... and we couldn't get through so I got really bummed really fast but the lady said she could make it like we were gonna finance it until Monday and we could come back that way I could take the car home and not have to worry about someone coming and buying it while we were gone. So we did that but.... my mom decided we would just finance it anyway and forget it... so I have made 2 payment's on it all by myself... 460 a month for 5 years since we didn't put any down on it.. it is a 2006 and had only been leased for a year and driven 7.2k miles it was practically brand new. Anyway back to the story.. so we had figured it all out I was about to go leave and start it up for the very first time... and oh my god... when I the lady started it and pulled it off the showroom floor in that giant showroom everyone ran and looked it sounded like a monster.... I was sooo happy it was scary so we went outside she handed me the keys and we were off.... loved it just as much ever since.... haha anyway... please share your stories. Also some good new's for an awesome ending my Grandma decided she wants to pay off the car for me for my Hanukkah gift so I can move out sooner and start my own life sooner. I don't think she understands how much she is really helping me... it's awesome my life seems to finally be taking off anyway haha... this car has definitely changed my life.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 AM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

460 a month...ouch.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Haha not for long =) god i love my Grandma. Share you story now I command you Kpaulhus! haha you have a nice stang there.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Good story...the first time I saw my stang was the day I picked it up.

Back in early 2005, the GT 5-speed convertibles were special order only..no one had them on the lot. I knew the Ford Truck manager at my local dealership and he pushed my custom order through. The car had 8 miles on the odometer.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:01 PM
devin gt/cs
2nd Gear Member

i totalled my first mustang, a white one too..i saved some money and woke up one day and said im getting a mustang this week. i went to galpin and they were trying to get me into a plain gt for about 400 a month and i almost did it too. i just needed my dad to co-sign for me and he said no. i was really bummed out. then i remembered one of my old friends was working at sunrise ford. so i woke up one morning and met him up. he asked me which one i wanted and i told him i'll take a plain gt just give me a good price and he said screw that what do you think about this cs or this shelby. and i was like damnnnnnnn i want it. so i picked out the cs because the only shelby's he had were orange. i didnt even drive the car. we went straight inside and worked on the deal. i pay 400 a month and i have the employee warrantee just in case anything goes wrong. on top of that he gave me an extra set of tires which was awesome. we're almost done burning out the first set. so i got in the car after we finished the papers. called in sick at work and went cruising down pch before deciding i needed to go get some tints. i love my car, everytime i get in it i have the time of my life even if im just cruising
Old 12-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah Devin you are spot on it never gets old can't wait to do my first power mod to really "feel" the difference that will be exciting I bet. Hell i threw almost 600 Miles on the stang within the first week I had it and I only had 3 days to do that and that was JUST driving around LA like a maniac haha
Old 12-18-2008, 12:36 PM
68ss350
2nd Gear Member

wow that is an interesting story branomano, hahahahah Hanukah gift?? That's quite the warming gift to give a granson because $460/month is very steep. I'm guesssing you're a young guy like myself. I found my GT on autotrader and had been looking for months but not too seriously. I couldn't find the right price i wanted to pay, since i didn't want to spend all of money because I have a 68 Camaro (which is a fire breathing dragon compared to my GT). Anyway i finally found this one at Huntingtion Beach Ford and as soon as i saw it i new i had to go take a look! So we went down there in my best buddies 01 Camaro SS with LTs and cut out open, all the salesmen were like WTF??? THis thing is a beast. I looked at the GT, and some smoking hot salesWOMAN came out and asked if i would go for a test drive so i agreed, naturally. Well i took it for a spin and lit up the brand new Pirellis. I told her i needed this car but i can only pay less than $300/month. She kinda laughed and wanted me to co-sign, I laughed in return and told her i'd be back. I came back with the old man who is the GM of a toyota dealership, and he noticed that this Ford store had had the mustang in their inventory too long, so they were only losing money on it. He offered them $16k for it and they agreed, so his dealer bought it from their dealer. Then i bought it from his dealer for $16k, i know I'm lucky cuz i got 5% APR and only pay $290 a month. Then i said no mods, that lasted like two months. First i got Pypes mid muffler, then C&L intake with brenspeed tune. Now i just installed black 18" Fr500 rims, which create an excepetional contrast to the Windveil Blue. I got 295/45/18s out back and my car gets soooo many more looks now. After the rims i just ordered MRT rear window louvers, they should be here by xmas. Holy **** I love this car sooooo much:-)
Old 12-18-2008, 12:46 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

460 a month that's nothing. my payments are over the course of 3 years. and i don't believe in putting any money down, don't need too.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Stick you must be doing over 700 a month... haha that's alot. Yeah I am pretty lucky to have the family that I do and the grandfather that I did that made it possible for her to do this for me it will be nice having all my paycheck be all mine so I can mod/save Ill probably end up putting 1 paycheck into the bank and 1 paycheck into the car a month (get payed every 2 weeks) until the car is done then the money will just pile up to move out =)
Old 12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Stick you must be doing over 700 a month... haha that's alot. Yeah I am pretty lucky to have the family that I do and the grandfather that I did that made it possible for her to do this for me it will be nice having all my paycheck be all mine so I can mod/save Ill probably end up putting 1 paycheck into the bank and 1 paycheck into the car a month (get payed every 2 weeks) until the car is done then the money will just pile up to move out =)
yea your close. 300 dollar payments are nice, but i wouldn't want be paying off a car for 6 years. Who knows i might not even have the car next year. But, i do dream of having low payments. It was amazing not having car payments for 2 years after i payed off my 2004 GT.

but anyway back to the subject. I ordered the car from the factory with all the options i wanted, nothing else. So i basically knew what i was getting. They called me 5 weeks early saying the car was in, so i had to sell my 2004 GT QUICK, lol. I went to the dealer, saw the car parked infront, looked it over and fell in love. I took delivery 2 weeks later because the rear wing got damaged in shipping. worked out nice, gave me 2 more weeks to sell my car.

I still love getting in the car and driving it everyday, even tho its my DD.

Last edited by StickShifty; 12-18-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Quick Reply: First time you saw your Mustang GT......