Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anybody have this intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default Anybody have this intake

It sounds good but I wondered if anyone had seen or purchased this cold air intake:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...1%7C240%3A1318

Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
atvcrazy
1st Gear Member

Here is a great comparison that includes the MMR. Hope it helps. http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...t_results.html
Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

That's a very nice looking piece. I like that intake tube.

They say 5 more HP than the K&N unit....more like 15+. The K&N, while not a bad CAI for what it is (usually 12 rwhp is what people get) it's the lowest end CAI so it's not hard to beat it. I had it and was happy with it, but I'm glad I switched to a bigger one.

If I didn't have my Steeda CAI I'd consider this MMR one. I really like how it looks.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

diddo, i like the mmr but went steeda due to the heat shield.. i think its a needed piece
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

One more question does this intake require a tune or will it work with out setting codes. The ad says "MMR has dyno tested and proven its kits to bring you a great bolt on for your 05' that requires no custom tuning". Is that statement true? It also says "The MMR kit does not void any factory warranty, increases fuel economy and bolts on in seconds".
Old 12-30-2008, 09:02 AM
atvcrazy
1st Gear Member

That is all probably true, but a tune will definitly give you more power.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:16 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
diddo, i like the mmr but went steeda due to the heat shield.. i think its a needed piece
I agree, I think the heat shield is big plus, especially needed in the hotter climates. It is sharp looking, but I'll stick with my Steeda. I also think that with the Steeda, it would be easier to get replacement elements.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by atvcrazy
That is all probably true, but a tune will definitly give you more power.
Since my 2007 Tungsten Grey GT coupe 5 sp man has only 6,000 miles and I still have almost 2 years of warranty I will wait until the warranty expires before getting a tune. It's good to know that I could install that intake without a tune and then upgrade later with a tune.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:57 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DylanFan
Since my 2007 Tungsten Grey GT coupe 5 sp man has only 6,000 miles and I still have almost 2 years of warranty I will wait until the warranty expires before getting a tune. It's good to know that I could install that intake without a tune and then upgrade later with a tune.
Don't let the warranty make your descision for holding off on the Cai/tune. I got one a while back and right now the car is in the dealership waiting for a new conv top motor. I just put the factory airbox back in and reloaded the stock program. The dealer will never know.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:02 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

true on the reload and reinstall.
as for do you need a tune? if they claim 25 hp from that intake w/o a tune i think thats kinda dangerously close to too much air for the factory tune meaning risking going lean.
mmr intake, if you like it sure. tuner, needed, Sct Xcal3 is best IMO but many others use the diablo
hope it helps

Quick Reply: Anybody have this intake