Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Any vortech/centri guys with an Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Atlanta_Tider
Who needs a shop, we install them ourselves! We are putting the mammoth kit on the Cobra, that thing is going to be just dumb to drive! Its fun now with 500+ hp I cannot imagine it with this new blower. Good thing he has a cage in it already and solid rear axle. And his block and internals are more than capable.

With the 3V I wouldn't buy anything like that!

As of now I had a dental emergency this morning that just put all car plans on hold until further notice.
Sorry to hear about your dental issue that just sucks! But on the KB the 2.6L is one we need for our GT's, I would not want to run more than 10psi and that will get you 535 at the wheels but puts you way passed the save zone on the crank
Old 01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
JC's 03 is BAD!!! It is running around 17-19psi as soon as he is stepping on the gas...and now that it's been cold out out, he told me it's been in the 19psi range more often.

I love my Vortech HO S/C, but can honestly say that if I were to start all over again TODAY, I would be installing the Whipple on my car.
Do you remember the look I had on my face the night I drove JD's car? Your car is a beast from a roll, but man that low end torque and trying to keep it between the white lines is fun!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
So you have to ask yourself this question: "Am I a red light to red light racer" or "Am I a in it for the distance racer'? If you answer "A" get a TS if your answer is "B" get the CF.
What if your not a racer?

As I am reminded routinely here, I am not a racer and have "beginner-level" skills at best...
I am just impressed with the feel of a little more power..

It feels good to have it there when you need it.....err, want it, rather..

One of my biggest concerns is lack of access to a shop around here that has the "know-how" and experience with either type.

I'm not afraid to travel a little distance to get it down by the right dude....I just gotta figure out who that might be!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Sorry to hear about your dental issue that just sucks! But on the KB the 2.6L is one we need for our GT's, I would not want to run more than 10psi and that will get you 535 at the wheels but puts you way passed the save zone on the crank
Just a speed bump in the game of life man. I am bad about always wanting more when I do something to a car. One day I will wisen up and just buy my plane and be done with all these toys!

If I ever go FI now, I plan on buying a forged short block before getting a SC. Only because I know I will want more and more!!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
What if your not a racer?

As I am reminded routinely here, I am not a racer and have "beginner-level" skills at best...
I am just impressed with the feel of a little more power..

It feels good to have it there when you need it.....err, want it, rather..

One of my biggest concerns is lack of access to a shop around here that has the "know-how" and experience with either type.

I'm not afraid to travel a little distance to get it down by the right dude....I just gotta figure out who that might be!
You want a TS/SC trust me on this. You seem like that type of driver that wants the power for two reasons, 1. To have the power to get you out of a bad situation, and 2. To be able to goof off with from time to time. The TS/SC will give you this ability Its what my girlfreind has and she loves it! These are the very same reasons why I want one too. My car will never see a drag strip but I do like showing off from time to time with my freinds or when some ricer wants to get stupit with me Other wise I want the power to get me out of bad situations where instant HP is the only thing thats going to do it.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 01-06-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Atlanta_Tider
Do you remember the look I had on my face the night I drove JD's car? Your car is a beast from a roll, but man that low end torque and trying to keep it between the white lines is fun!
oh yeah, that look was priceless....I could tell you were very disappointed after driving a 500rwhp car...
Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
oh yeah, that look was priceless....I could tell you were very disappointed after driving a 500rwhp car...
Had that C6 not have smoked me it would have been different since I had just decided against another Vette!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Boost is boost...your gonna have fun either way

Twin screws are def. fun but you better make sure you have decent tires and suspension to hook all that instant power.

A centri blower in an auto can be less exciting from a dig or very slow roll I guess but once your moving any faster than 15 mph you should be able to stomp it and be in boost

ive got a centri auto with a 3500 stall and its a beast from any RPM

I would say go with the vortech and get a stall or go with the TS and keep the stock stall

the ts does seem like a better match for the 05+ stangs to get them moving since they are a bit heavier
Old 01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
Boost is boost...your gonna have fun either way

Twin screws are def. fun but you better make sure you have decent tires and suspension to hook all that instant power.

A centri blower in an auto can be less exciting from a dig or very slow roll I guess but once your moving any faster than 15 mph you should be able to stomp it and be in boost

ive got a centri auto with a 3500 stall and its a beast from any RPM

I would say go with the vortech and get a stall or go with the TS and keep the stock stall

the ts does seem like a better match for the 05+ stangs to get them moving since they are a bit heavier
Thats excellent advice, I was thinking about a centri and how it would react with a bigger stall, glad to hear from someone who has one!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:09 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Centri blower and a higher stall is a sweet setup

Jumps right into boost at any mph

Quick Reply: Any vortech/centri guys with an Auto?