Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Flowmaster Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 03:22 AM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

Default Flowmaster Mufflers

So who all has installed the 05 GT Flowmaster Mufflers?

how do they sound and are they too loud or what. I want something that sounds great at idle and when I get on it but I want the interior noise to not be loud so that it wont get annoying when on the highway.

anyways, my girlfriend's brother and I were bored and took off my mufflers. It sounds pretty good but looks terrible. They are going back on in the morning.

thanks
Old 06-05-2005, 05:02 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Flowmaster Mufflers

Cant help you on the Flowmasters, but check around on the board. Theres a couple sound bites that are pretty gol-darned good soundin!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:17 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I haven't seen too many people on here that have the American Thunders installed. But there are quite a few people on The Mustang Source with different types / brands of mufflers, and the Flows being one of them. Also they are pretty good about putting up sound bytes there. Might check to see what they have.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Adrenal

I have had the American Thunder on my GT for two months and I love it. It has a nice deep rumble at idle and really comes alive when you get on it. Flowmaster has almost eliminated the 1800-2000 RPM drone with this setup. I've had series 40's on other cars, but this is far superior. You can see them on my car at: http://2005stang.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=50
Old 06-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Sirscottp

heres a site that features both the flowmasters and stock video clips. they also have alot of information on flowmasters. im tryin to decide what i want on my GT so i came across this site. thought id pass it on.
Flows and Stock
Old 06-06-2005, 02:02 AM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

thanks man. that is a intersting site. I just placed my order for the flows and they should be here in a few days.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:53 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

I got the Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers and they rock! Best ones I heard - I was comparing them to the SLP Loudmouth but they were a little too loud for me inside the car!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:26 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

That was a great article Sirscottp, thanks for posting the link. Anyone know if FM makes an American Thunder for the V6? If not, I'm cool to settle for a Delta Flow 40 series, I've heard good things about it.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Don't you mean SlowMasters?
Old 06-11-2005, 11:18 PM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

well, I installed my Flows Thursday and I love them. Such a great aggressive tone taking off and it is much quieter inside at cruising speeds than the stock mufflers. I have a video with stock mufflers, then with flows, and then without any mufflers so you can tell the diff. I will post them later. thanks for all the info guys!

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Mufflers