Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Have I gotten in over my head?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Default Have I gotten in over my head?

I bought a C&L Racer Intake (95mm) that came in a package deal with a Diablosport Predator for my 07 Mustang GT. Originally I thought, this will be easy. Install the intake, download the tune from the programmer into the car and I'm off with a few extra hp. If only it where that easy. I installed the intake Tuesday night (the 30th of December), went to download the tune only to realize that there was not a tune in the programmer that would work with the 95mm intake. If it's sold as a package deal you'd think it would come with the right tune. I called RPM Outlet (where I bought everything from) and they sent me a tune. I downloaded it in the car and it ran like crap. I called Diablosport to see if they could send me a tune and I'm still waiting on a tune from them. I called over at RPM Outlet today (Wednesday Jan. 7th, yeah it's been a week) to see if they're is anything more I could do and they told me to mess with the parameters. Mess with the parameters? I'm not very mechanically inclined or computer literate. I thought this was fool proof. Am I going to need to take a course in tuning to mess with this thing? Does anyone know how long it takes to get a tune from Diablosport? And will I really need to mess with the tune after I get it from them to get the car to run right? Thanks for any insight on this. I'm waiting to see the light at the end of this tunnel.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Dump those garbage canned tunes and get some custom tunes from Bama. You shouldn't have to touch a thing.

Had you done your homework here on the forum you'd have bought the combo from an appropriate vendor right off the bat.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Redsox401
2nd Gear Member

+1 call bama or bendspeed you'll be fine you can get a tune from brendspeed within 24 hrs for like 120 or somthing, problem solved.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i hate to say it, but rpm outlet is one of the worst online mustang sites to buy from. They are cheap with their prices, but for a good reason. I agree with these guys, buy a tune from bama/brenspeed and just be done with it.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Doug @ bama will be able to write you a tune for the intake. Brenspeed does not work with diablo tuners
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Dump those garbage canned tunes and get some custom tunes from Bama. You shouldn't have to touch a thing.

Had you done your homework here on the forum you'd have bought the combo from an appropriate vendor right off the bat.
Rub a little salt in my open wound Nuke. LOL! From what I've been researching Bama seems like it might be the way to go. Thanks for the imput.

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
i hate to say it, but rpm outlet is one of the worst online mustang sites to buy from. They are cheap with their prices, but for a good reason. I agree with these guys, buy a tune from bama/brenspeed and just be done with it.
Amen to that Hufe. This isn't the first time they've screwed something up for me. I'm always one to give a second chance and unfortunately they've just used up thier 3rd. I just like the way thier website is so easy to navigate. What's a good online store to buy mustang performance parts from?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

most any of our vendors listed on the this site
Old 01-07-2009, 07:04 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

How do your erase the tunes from the programmer that you won't ever use?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

there wouldnt be a need to, the canned tunes are stored seperately than the custom tunes. When you load the custom tunes, it erases all other custum tunes. You would have to load all the custom tunes you want on the tuner each time.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Doug only charges 50 bucks for 1 tune and 115 or something for 3... I would suggest getting his 93 race tune a 87 in case you cant find 93 and whatever else you want if you get the 3.... good luck and yes RPM outlet sucks..

Quick Reply: Have I gotten in over my head?