Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Zex Nitrous Shop list, Some input please?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

You can usually run a 75 shot with your standard tune but if you go to a 100 or more you should have that tune in before spraying the nitrous, You can run around on the 100 tune But usually if your not going to spray for a while you go back to a street tune. The tuners usually set them up for high hp or high tq or a best combo. Some engines act differently then others but since you wanna stay on the safe side and best Tune Id swap tunes when not using the gas. The buttons are up to you, but you wanna be able to not accidently trigger the nit. if you can . The window switch or the wot switch that comes from zex will help keep it a lil safe. But.....

you are talking switch for heat,switch for valve,switch momentary for purge, switch for arming, then if you get the light another switch,??? just where you gonna hide them all.
I made a 5 switsh SS plate that is under my dash to the left of my steering wheel for five other things. I guess if you wanted too you can put them in the center console under the lift open door. I have mine for the nit stuff in the sos cupholder , and I leave a clean microfiber towel over most of the time. but my line lock and arming switch are in the red rocker switchs with covers beside my shifter. I ran one fused hot from the battery to my center console to supply all the goodies. And relays where needed. good luke let us know when your done.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:53 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

Well let me tell you about my Nitrous story, like you I thought nitrous would be a good idea vs. supercharger because of $$$, so I got a ZEX kit for $525 , racer's kit for $249 , colder spark plugs $100, RPM switch $150, etc....parts total was right around $1000 , then install was going to be right around $1000 total, so $2000 total, then to fill up the bottle is $50 a pop, upload tune when yiou want to use, etc.... lot of work for just using at the track. Lets say you go racing twice a month for a year, that's about $100 a month for NOS tank fill up, times 12 months thats $1200, and again its only for the track !!! So now we are up to $3200 for a NOS system for 1 full year, using only twice a month at the track.

Then I started thinking, for $3200 I could get a Vortech (non-intercooled/unpolished) kit installed for $800 , so for $4000 I could have a blower and it is always there......

If you could get nitrous, have it professional installed with all the safety features for like $1000 then it's worth it just for the track, but like everything else if you go cheap on the NOS install you will get burned, would rather spend a little more.....
Old 01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

The installation will be done by myself, and my dad. I dont think I will have any problems with that.

The main thing that I want to avoid is to change tune every time I wanna use the gas.
I will be talking to brenspeed about that and decided from that.

Thanks for your input