Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Zex Nitrous Shop list, Some input please?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Default Zex Nitrous Shop list, Some input please?

Hello everyone, I have decided to go for a Zex wet nitrous system instead of a S/C.
Mainly for the higher cost of a S/C. I cant justify putting so much money into the car atm. So I will have to go the "cheap" route for more power.

I was thinking on going with a 100shot at first because it seems to be the safe limit on n2o.

Now I would just like some info on my shopping list and maybe some more advice.

Everything will be bought trough Brenspeed, because of their outstanding service overall.

Im gonna go with a dual 10psi bottle system, just beacuse its fun

Shop list:

1x Mustang GT Zex Wet Nitrous System 75-175 HP (05-08)
http://www.zex.com/Products/Files/82040b.jpg

(I have asked Brenspeed and they can supply me with the all black kit that I want, even tough its not on their website.)

1x Zex Maximizer Nitrous Bottle Kit
The extra bottle

1/2x Zex Nitrous Bottle Pressure Gauge
I guess I will need one gauge per bottle? If not, please correct me and save some of my cash

2x Zex Nitrous Bottle Heater
Got to keep the juice warm and tasty

1/2x Zex Remote Nitrous Bottle Opener
Will I need two of these or can I connect one to both of the bottles?

1/2x Zex Nitrous System Purge Valve Kit
I need two of these also I guess? If not, please enlighten me

1x Zex Nitrous Traction Control Window Switch
Safety is nice.

1/2x Zex Nitrous Safety Blow Down Kit
This I will need one for each bottle if I understand it correctly?

And thats about it I guess, if you know anything else that I would need, please tell me.

The total cost will be around 1700usd, - freight, taxes and such.

Everything as I have listed is from brenspeeds site.
http://www.brenspeed.com/05-08-musta...cessories.html

Any input and advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

//Roy

Edit:

Almost forgot, what kind of spark plugs will I need for this system?

And what is the difference between wet and dry kits? It seems like the most people go with the wet, why?

Last edited by Roy; 01-11-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
GAP

I wouldn't get the maximizer kit. You dont need a second bottle. A single bottle on a 100 shot will be enough for a day at the track. You dont really need a purge kit either. I would always just purge mine manually at the track, after I open the bottle. You only have to purge it once. And on the street I didn't care. You'll just get a second or two of lag the first time you spray it.

Window Switch
Pressure Gauge
Blowdown Tube
Bottle Heater
Remote bottle opener only if you street race. If it's for the track or joy riding, you'll crack open the bottle before you set off.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Roy
1st Gear Member

I would like the max kit because of the only shop where I can fill bottles seems to be at least 2 hours away, at the moment at least. Dont wanna drive there to often.

My track time is very limited, not at all at the moment. So it will be used mainly on the street, so a remote control is nice. And I really like to be able to push the buttons when driving and everything is good to go.

I might go with the single bottle anyway, I will have to look at that some more, but what items do I need duals off to be able to go with two bottles?

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:17 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Just call brenspeed and tell them what you want and they will give you straight answers. You will at least know you are getting the right info, rather than asking random people on the internet. Brenspeed is awesome and they will hook you up!
Old 01-11-2009, 02:53 PM
clintster77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
Just call brenspeed and tell them what you want and they will give you straight answers. You will at least know you are getting the right info, rather than asking random people on the internet. Brenspeed is awesome and they will hook you up!
Do both .sometimes people on a forum have a different point of view than someone trying to sell you something. If they say you need this and that . have them give you a super expiation on why you need all the extra bells and whistles .
Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 AM
GAP

[QUOTE=Roy;5831092]I would like the max kit because of the only shop where I can fill bottles seems to be at least 2 hours away, at the moment at least. Dont wanna drive there to often.

Then I would just buy a second bottle. Swap them when they're empty. Either way you'll need just one purge and bottle opener (I think the second bottle just stays open all the time). But you'll need two bottle heaters.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 AM
my97cobra
1st Gear Member

I've been considering going the same route due to the expense of a SC. My concern is being as safe as possible so I don't ruin the motor. The ZEX kit seems to be a safe bet but I was wondering what upgrades are needed (ex. spark plugs ect).
Old 01-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Roy
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=GAP;5833397]
Originally Posted by Roy
I would like the max kit because of the only shop where I can fill bottles seems to be at least 2 hours away, at the moment at least. Dont wanna drive there to often.

Then I would just buy a second bottle. Swap them when they're empty. Either way you'll need just one purge and bottle opener (I think the second bottle just stays open all the time). But you'll need two bottle heaters.

Hey!.. thats clever, and I fell like a dumbass ^^

Great idea, I will go with that one instead. But I need a extra bottle heater and a extra guage? Or can I just swap both over?

What do you think of the spark plugs? I see Brenspeed have some that they recommend on their site, is those better then the standard two piece that came from factory? I do not want anymore of those in that case.

Thanks for the input so far, please tell me more if you have anymore ideas
Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Ive got the zex kit and like everyone well the cheap ones I started with a 75 shot and no tune. I manually purged it and it was ok, but I wanted more so I got the bottle heater, the blowdown tube and the lighted purge kit (single) I would like to do the dual but ..... anyway the car will run fine at least my did on 75 shot I had more work done on it and decided to get a 100 tune and a 150 tune.My tuner told me I do not have eough fuel pressure to spray the 150 shot with the stock fuel pump and to be safe we tuned it for a 125 shot. when I had it at the track My wheels spun (steet tires but wider) a lot more with the 125 shot. I guess the 450 tq was too much for em. but I have the 100 jets back in them and when I am going out to play I will take the road tune of 310 rwhp and go with thw 100 shot tune. open the bottle and go play.
Your list is pretty good but it is on the high end . If you dont want to swap bottle I think you could plumb the two bottle to a tee use one gauge, 2 blowdown tubes, 2 heaters, 1 purge kit,1 window switch, I would personally go with the speed of sound switches that you can have engraved and put in your cup holder. but I would still put the arm switch on a toggle that will not accidently be bumped!!!!!!!!
have fun with it ! Enjoy It cost me about 50 bucks a bottle to fill and my station Ice's the bottle down before filling it so he can get more in it yea I know I keep an eye on it and dont turn the heat on until the pressure drops a little.
good luck and get some good tires. try not to spray under 3000 rpms until your rolling good.

just my opinions here we all got um !
Old 01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Roy
1st Gear Member

Do I have to change tune every time I want to drive w/o the gas or can I have the gas tune on at all times?

I am not sure what buttons I will go with, I think I would like them to be kind of hidden. Any thoughts about that?

I will be going with a 100shot to start with.

And two bottles but I will change them when needed.

Quick Reply: Zex Nitrous Shop list, Some input please?