Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I NEED HELP W/ MY EXHAUST CHOICES!!!! PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:33 PM
doahdogg

Unhappy I NEED HELP W/ MY EXHAUST CHOICES!!!! PLEASE!!!

I have a 2005 GT that I bought used about 2 years ago. It had flowmaster mufflers on it orginally and I wanted something a little louder so I added and Off Roud X-Pipe Non catted. After a couple months of that my brother talked me into getting the SLP Loud exhaust to make it louder. The exhaust was a big problem for my neighbors so I had to take them off. The SLP's were so high pitched and raspy that I could barely hear myself think. I want exhuast that will sound loud and deep like a Stang should sound but not really really loud. I purchased Magnaflow mufflers 2 weeks ago cause I thought I was going to get that sound. They sound almost stock now. I hate them. When I put the x pipes on w/ the flowmasters oringally I could definitely hear them. Now w/ the Magnaflows it's like their not even on. When I would downshift the x pipes sounded great before and now nothing. Can you guys please help me out with some input. The longer I have to drive w/ this new exhuast the worse. Will the resonators added to the SLP's tone it down enough or am I better off selling them and getting new mufflers. How are Borla Stingers or Ford Racing Mufflers??? Will I get that sound I'm looking for with either. Thanx alot for the help everyone.

Last edited by doahdogg; 01-25-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: error in title
Old 01-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

I have FRPP Stingers and I love them. Nice and throaty. They only get better with time. They say "Ford Racing" on the tips but Borla manufactures them.... When I was shopping around for my exhaust I was also looking at Bassani... I pulled up to a S197 with Bassani exhaust once and it sounded great! But its all personal preference, I say stingers!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

The new Flows are louder than the original units plus they are stainless. Kinda pricey. If your neighbors didn't like your Loudmouths don't get the Stingers.
Another option are the new muffs they run on the Super Snakes which are available through FRPP dealers.They sound off really nice behind that 5.4 .
Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poco
The new Flows are louder than the original units plus they are stainless. Kinda pricey. If your neighbors didn't like your Loudmouths don't get the Stingers.
Another option are the new muffs they run on the Super Snakes which are available through FRPP dealers.They sound off really nice behind that 5.4 .
And do you have the new flows???
Old 01-25-2009, 05:55 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I HIGHLY reccomend you getting O/R H with Mac axel backs. Sounds AMAZING!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

MAC Boomtubes. Pure V8 muscle car sound. You'll think you have a big block with these. Really.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Your are going to get alot of opinions. If you want to keep the maganflows, from what I have heard on videos, O/R prochamber and Maganflows sound really good.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:25 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

My opinion, keep your flows and get an o/r H. If its still too loud add some highflow cats
Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

hey man click my links i have 2 vids of the borla stingers. watch in high quality!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:54 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

frpp stingers ftmfw!!!!!!!!!!! nice and deep tone. yeah they drone but i kinda like it. will def sound amaizing w/out cats. i would take the cats off mine but i have to pass emissions tests once a yr. and i dont really want to be taking off and puttin on cats once a yr. good luck with your choice.

Quick Reply: I NEED HELP W/ MY EXHAUST CHOICES!!!! PLEASE!!!