Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another Supercharger post.... but my favorite one

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

you gotta post a startup vid. it should be very sweet, congrats!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:33 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Need to hear the sweet whine and congrats on the buy! Welcome to the boosted club!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Will def get some vids, just not sure when will get done with install, or started for that matter. I am hoping to start next weekend and worst case finish up the following. Just have to see if I can get it thru the snow out of the storage building.

My kid is chomping at the bit to get started, so he may be over there now shoveling the 100 foot or so of drive LOL
Old 01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the congrats guys! This is a club I am very excited to join.... can't wait to push the skinny peddle on the right. Part of me wishes I was dropping of at Brenspeed Monday for an install.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Toy4Bob
Hmmm, what could be in these?

Yep, just got back from Brenspeed, SuperShaker baby!

It is official, my wife hates MustangForums and is not happy with all you bad influences here LOL. Hoping to start install next weekend, but right now some snow needs to melt before I can get my car out of winter storage

Pretty pumped, this is going to be a project for my 18 year old son and I.... we have a couple experienced car guys to assist if needed.

Will keep posted once progress is made. At some point I am gonna have a CAI, UDP's, and a Shakerhood for sale, so will help reduce the cost of this little project LOL.
VIDEOS!!!

Congrats, Bob! Did you get a different pulley, or are you running at the 5.5-6.5 psi that comes standard with the kit?

We've got ourselves a veritable SuperShaker crew forming right before our eyes!

Last edited by East87; 02-01-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Hey East, was surprised you hadn't shown up here earlier since you will be getting the same deal in a couple months.

I will use the stock pulley. In talking with Dave and Seth yesterday and expressing my wanting to stay on the very safe side (well, safe as FI can be), they thought this was the best route and would provide just under 500 bhp and 420ish rwhp. I am completely fine as I didn't want to get to close to that 450 number being the top end of safe on these internals. I really never want to have to replace
Old 02-01-2009, 08:14 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Hey East, was surprised you hadn't shown up here earlier since you will be getting the same deal in a couple months.

I will use the stock pulley. In talking with Dave and Seth yesterday and expressing my wanting to stay on the very safe side (well, safe as FI can be), they thought this was the best route and would provide just under 500 bhp and 420ish rwhp. I am completely fine as I didn't want to get to close to that 450 number being the top end of safe on these internals. I really never want to have to replace
Haha I was away for the weekend. I sure missed a lot around here!

I totally agree about the boost. I'm getting my kit installed at Brenspeed (hello 650+ mile drive!) in order to retain the factory warranty. Standard boost and no real upgrades to the engine so far. I'm expecting a hair over 400rwhp since I'm using Saleen's OE tune rather than a kickass Brenspeed tune as I imagine you are.

I definitely never want to have to replace the internals, and I'm hoping that 5.5-6.5psi isn't enough to burn out the stock clutch anytime soon...

By the way, where are you in Indiana? I'm getting my kit installed June 1. Might be cool to meet up for a photo op haha.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

I live 20 minutes from brenspeed.... kinda convenient! Looks like you will be in for a Monday install, keep me in mind and we could maybe meet up...by then I will have a few miles on my SS.

I was hoping to stop by there tomorrow as they are installing a SS for someone else and would love to check it out, but i have a meeting at work and won't be able to get there in time. I think my son (who is my head mechanic on my install) plans to get over there for a look. He has been pouring over the manual and making a list of questions.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:29 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

I live 20 minutes from brenspeed.... kinda convenient! Looks like you will be in for a Monday install, keep me in mind and we could maybe meet up...by then I will have a few miles on my SS.

I was hoping to stop by there tomorrow as they are installing a SS for someone else and would love to check it out, but i have a meeting at work and won't be able to get there in time. I think my son (who is my head mechanic on my install) plans to get over there for a look. He has been pouring over the manual and making a list of questions.
Good deal, Bob.

Best of luck with the install. Sounds like you've got a capable and eager crew helping you haha.

Try to take pictures tomorrow if Brenspeed will let you!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Congrats, I remember my post when I got mine ordered.

I sat in my office and stared at it for a while. Wifes will never understand, but as long as they are supportive that is all you can ask.

Looking forward to vids and hearing you thoughts on the kit.

Quick Reply: Another Supercharger post.... but my favorite one