Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gauges for a Saleen supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
cran

Default Gauges for a Saleen supercharger

I have a Brenspeed Saleen stage 3 supercharger , and woundering what if any gauges would be recomended to be used? I was thinking a fuel presure, electric or mechanical ( i think electric) and a boost gauge and water temp, can the s/c temp be watched separate from the engine temp. any suggestions thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 07:50 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

save your money...i did the all the gauge thing and I really never look at them
Old 02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

I have been researching the same thing since I have bought/need to install a SC. I am looking at wideband air/fuel gauge, and FYI, certain Auto Meter's have a $50 rebate thru end Feb. Go to their site for form.. brenspeed sells the 6178, expensive, but not really cheaper anywhere else.

Boost is the other, but I can buy a sensor for my aeroforce interceptor for that. Look forward to more input from others with more experience.

Anyone know if these autometers A/f come with everything needed, and does it take a sensor mounted in exhaust system?
Old 02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I have elec. fuel pressure, mech. vac/boost, and wideband a/f
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobra443
I have elec. fuel pressure, mech. vac/boost, and wideband a/f
+1, that's what I have. Hotair, you don't keep an eye on your A/F gauge? that's the most important one.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cran
I have a Brenspeed Saleen stage 3 supercharger , and woundering what if any gauges would be recomended to be used? I was thinking a fuel presure, electric or mechanical ( i think electric) and a boost gauge and water temp, can the s/c temp be watched separate from the engine temp. any suggestions thanks
A wideband A/F is a must with FI IMO, as for the other gauges it's up to you. I went with the SOS pillar pod to hold the gauges, and PLX wideband, and autometeor cobalt boost.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

I just ordered a sensor kit for one of my aeroforce gauges to measure boost, and plan to buy the autometer A/F.

All wideband gauges requires the sensor in the exhaust, correct? I assume the gauge comes with all that is needed, just have to get a bung installed welded in for a sensor?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:35 AM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

I've got a boost gauge, fuel and oil pressure, I'm on the fence between an aeroforce, or just a wideband A/F being placed either in a vent pod or between the two vents. 3rd option is a dash pod.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:18 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Toy4Bob
I just ordered a sensor kit for one of my aeroforce gauges to measure boost, and plan to buy the autometer A/F.

All wideband gauges requires the sensor in the exhaust, correct? I assume the gauge comes with all that is needed, just have to get a bung installed welded in for a sensor?
Here is what I ordered from Lethal Performance for my A/F setup.

PLX-DM5SMA... PLX DM-5 & SM-AFR 2-1/16 Digital Display &
Air Fuel Sensor Combo (Blk/Blk)

INN-3735 Innovate Bung/Plug Kit

You can get the A/F gauge seperate, so make sure when you order you get the kit.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:32 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

if you dont really run the car at a track a lot, then I would just stick with boost/vacuum, and air to fuel. thats all I have and pretty much need. Cobalt is a good brand if your are unsrue of what brand to get... They worked out perfect because they have a blue back light which matches my stock guages color setting...

Quick Reply: Gauges for a Saleen supercharger