Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MY town isnt big enough for 2, help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Spencer069
1st Gear Member

Default MY town isnt big enough for 2, help.

A kid that went to my school and knew i had a 2005 Gt Premium in sonic blue, bought the EXACT same car, and color, in gt, premium. now usually i wouldnt care, its not like i have a 1 of 50 car or anything(i dont mind people getting them at all), i understand many people will have blue ones. However not in the parking lot at school, i need to upgrade to keep dominance over him. He has stock as of now and i was wondering what are the cheapest and most noticeable mods i could do.

For sure i was gonna do SLP loudmouth
and possibly some while stripes ("viper style") down the middle of car along with illegal Tint.
Anyone tried to use the roush back window covers (cant remember the name)?
Does anyone know anything else that will help my baby stand out besides 1000$ rims, or 2000$ blowers or new subs(i have the skipper 1000).
Please dont flame, if u cant handle my questions, please just dont reply, i dont wanna get into another arguement.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MY town isnt big enough for 2, help.

The stripe is going to be the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to distinguish your car from his. Sonic Blue is a popular color (just ask don_w) so it should not be a surprise someone else picked it. I know how you feel about wanting your car to stand out and be unique. I made the appearance mods to mine for the same reason. If you don't have a large budget stripes are the way to go in my opinion. I know there have been lots of discussions on plastic vs. painted on and the cost difference is huge so do your research first. Good luck making your new Mustang unique.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Spencer069
1st Gear Member

thanks alot man, i really appreciate your feedback.
i was also thinking of mabye painting my calipers... any one done this on a blue one, and what color looks good?
Old 06-13-2005, 12:47 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

What about add ons to the body style? There are a lot of great looking body kits out there. I wouldn't buy the whole kit though because then it would be easy to copy again.
Mix and match pieces from differnt kits. Find a front and/or rear spoiler you like and mayby some side scoops or window louvers.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:38 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

the street scene body kit is nice along with the boy racer....get some rims on it, stripe it, and get the slp's

Old 06-13-2005, 01:58 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

There were several discussions on painted calipers several weeks ago. I know many of the guys with black cars painted theirs red which I did consider. I am going for a stealth-look and the standard silver blends in with my rotors and rims pretty well. I think the blue matched to your paint would stand out and look great. Check the old topics or google and you will find the paint kits which are really cheap and not too bad to apply from what I have read. Maybe someone who has actually done it can be of more help. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Spencer069
1st Gear Member

thanks everyone, i dont know if i can afford body kits.. arent they like 600 for a front facisa alone??
man that white 05 in ur sig is tight, mabye i could get those wheels and window scoops.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:35 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

You can get the mirrors painted or get the xenon mirror kit from spoilers.com, have them painted and install them. That would only cost a couple of hundred dollars and would definitely make the car stand apart from the other one.

Steve
Old 06-13-2005, 04:49 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Get a big decal of your name for the windshield [8D] OK seriously - there's a good chance that he will copy your every move, or maybe even beat you to the mods. So let him make the first move, and hopefully it will be something gaudy and tasteless.

If you want something very simple and cheap - do like gianf said and take your mirrors off and take them to a small body shop and have them painted Sonic Blue to match the car (something Ford should have offered on these cars)
Old 06-13-2005, 05:03 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I have almost the same car as you also so to be unique I'm getting a graphics kit like the Supra in Fast and Furious[sm=joke.gif] No really though I think you could lower it and add a CDC ducktail for just under $600.00. Thats what I'm planning......but I don't think I live in the same town as you.

Quick Reply: MY town isnt big enough for 2, help.