Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

slight modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

Hey - There is NOTHING wrong with drinking and talking shop, just driving LOL. With $5K in the bank, you can certainly make a difference in your HP. Question is, how far do you want to take it. Most folks agree that somewhere around 450+ HP, you need to look to a forged bottom end to keep your engine from eventually installing a bay window without permits. Do a search and you can find the 1000+ "Which Supercharger" and "Turbo/Nitrous or Supercharger" threads, they come up at least once a week LOL. Once you have an idea of what you want, and how you are going to do it, the FI crowd will be happy to help you out with the fine points. There are a number of guys, moosestang and MustangGT0405 among them, who have gone the FI route and can offer good advice. If you want to go insane, find modaddict...once you do that statement will be self-explanatory.

~Matty
Old 03-26-2009, 05:40 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06GTMustang
200 mph in my mustang.... Just one more reason why drinking and chating about cars can be dangerous . I have all kinds of ideas that I want to do to my car. I'm trying to get them all down on paper and sort through them. The fastest I've ever been was some where in the 600 mph range but that was in a F/A 18 hornet. (the fighter plane). I wasn't a pilot I just got a good deal one time when I was in the navy. I like going fast that is for sure. If I was to go the supercharger route. What all do I have to change on my engine?
You'd need forged rods and pistons to even get close to those speeds. For just a whipple HO kit making over 500hp at the crank, you don't need to do anything. I think I would run out of road around here before I could hit top speed in my car. Once you pass 140, then it's going to crawl even with 500hp.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
06GTMustang
1st Gear Member

Default any idea's

I'm looking to put on long tube headers and a new mid pipe. I'm leaning throws MAC headers and not real sure what kind of mid pipe to use. I want to keep the cats for inspection reasons. Also wanting to put in some cams. Comp stage 2 cams is what I was told are pretty good one. If I putting in new cams what all do I need to buy to go with the cam rods?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
06GTMustang
1st Gear Member

Smile

I'm braking down my wish list almost done. It's looking to take around $5,500 so if any body would like to donate to the cause that'd be great. LOL. My wife is going to kill me when I drop that kind of money on a car she doesn't like to begin with. OOOOO well. I'm open for any helpful advise and ideas.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 06GTMustang
I'm braking down my wish list almost done. It's looking to take around $5,500 so if any body would like to donate to the cause that'd be great. LOL. My wife is going to kill me when I drop that kind of money on a car she doesn't like to begin with. OOOOO well. I'm open for any helpful advise and ideas.
my girlfriend informed me that she hates my Mustang. This car was bought by me and was to be my garage queen except when I wanted to take her and the GF out. Since her car died i have graceously allowed her to drive it for the past year. I was told to find a car more suitable for her to drive. I thought about it and ..... told the GF the relationship was done and she needs to move out.... So when the GF or the wife hates your car..things can get nasty. Now.... if she were my wife i would have bought her a car..but GF, no way.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

WTF? How could she possibly hate a mustang? And a GT at that!

Good choice on giving her the boot. A girl who hates mustangs is no kinda girl!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:40 PM
mattsimonton
2nd Gear Member

HAHA. Shoot if my GF didn't like the car, it would be oooooovvvvvveeeeerrrrrr!!! I second the forged rotating assembly. I would suggest doing a forged bottom end and doing heads and a good cam to get ready for a blower. I have had horror stories with the blower on and would suggest to any body to build the motor up before making the extra power.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattsimonton
HAHA. Shoot if my GF didn't like the car, it would be oooooovvvvvveeeeerrrrrr!!! I second the forged rotating assembly. I would suggest doing a forged bottom end and doing heads and a good cam to get ready for a blower. I have had horror stories with the blower on and would suggest to any body to build the motor up before making the extra power.
+1

There are afew threads on here that talk about connecting rods folding at only 400ish WHP. So do it right and do it once. Unless you plan on spending another $4000 on a new block anyways, then you could get a block thats already built from livernois MS and build a 1000 HP beast
Old 03-27-2009, 04:11 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

build the motor up before you start adding boost
lol to the gf/wife, gotta make the wife happy though, my gf didn't like my mustang when we started dating, a year later she loves it (I didn't know she didn't like it or I wouldn't have dated her)
Old 03-27-2009, 04:27 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
my girlfriend informed me that she hates my Mustang. This car was bought by me and was to be my garage queen except when I wanted to take her and the GF out. Since her car died i have graceously allowed her to drive it for the past year. I was told to find a car more suitable for her to drive. I thought about it and ..... told the GF the relationship was done and she needs to move out.... So when the GF or the wife hates your car..things can get nasty. Now.... if she were my wife i would have bought her a car..but GF, no way.
WHOA... Props for having a pair.

This story doesn't give me hope for the general population of women in this country...

Quick Reply: slight modification