Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CMVD Plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by belairs197
...is it possible to fabricate your own using stock ones by removing the butterflies and getting the same results?
I've seen it done before. The homemade ones I've seen the person welded the holes for the control rod closed then cleaned up the welds, they looked like the turned out fine.

Honestly, if you can't weld you might be able to get away with filling the holes with JB weld or something similar.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Wait, so what is the benefit of them...?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

The theory is that even when the valves are open during WOT, the small cross section of the valves when open blocks a small amount of air flow. You give up a little low end torque which some tuners have been able to tune around, and a little bit of fuel economy. I would recommend doing delete plates at the same time as another mod such as a UDP so you can feel a bigger improvement.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by GT Jeff
What are 'CMVD Plates'?

Jeff
charge motion valve delete
Originally Posted by sailing220
CMVD is interchangeable with CMDP plates. As long as you have a correct tune for them you will be fine. You probably don't even need a shop to install them.
Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Wait, so what is the benefit of them...?
CMDP- also known as charge motion delete plates

benefit
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9123

Removes restriction of CMCV (charge motion control valves) blades and shafts

more air is flowing and more fuel is required and most of the time you get a tune for having them to increase HP

Last edited by mygt500; 04-02-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yep.. I did CMDPs and UDPS at the same time.. I noticed a slight difference.. nothing huge.. but better.. definetly didn't feel anything slower.. then combined with 4.10s.. yeah.. im liking it.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

Tell ya what, my tuner is actually gonna do a Pull and Swap on a stock '08 Bullit later this month. If you are willing to wait, I will let you know the results from the Dyno. The plan is to make a pull, swap the plates, make a pull, then dyno tune the car and make a final pull. My tuner (link to the shop is in my sig) has plenty of tuning experience, so the results should give us some real numbers.

HTH
~Matty
Old 04-03-2009, 04:20 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07gtdallas
MY shop won't put these plates on they say they are full of problems ......like drivablity ....idk
They don't know what the hell they are talking about..
For me, No drivability problems and no Low end loss after my Custom Dyno Tune
Old 04-03-2009, 05:07 AM
GT Jeff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fullsayl
Tell ya what, my tuner is actually gonna do a Pull and Swap on a stock '08 Bullit later this month. If you are willing to wait, I will let you know the results from the Dyno. The plan is to make a pull, swap the plates, make a pull, then dyno tune the car and make a final pull. My tuner (link to the shop is in my sig) has plenty of tuning experience, so the results should give us some real numbers.

HTH
~Matty
That sounds awesome! Please keep us posted!

Jeff
Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I was told my Lidio at Alternative Auto that he doesn't recommend removing the CMCV plates anymore because the increase in power is just not that substantial.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fullsayl

HTH
~Matty
For the test to be somehow valid he would have to tune the car first so he can get the exact same timing with and without the plates.

I would not recommend doing the swap on a street oriented bolt-on NA car.

Quick Reply: CMVD Plates