Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

pypes off road H pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Katostangdude

Default pypes off road H pipe question

Hi, recently put on the FRPP "stingers" and love them! and now I'm hungry for more! I listened to a few sounds clips on youtube with the pypes o/r H pipe and the stingers and i think it sounds great! but its hard to tell what it really sounds like over the internet... does anyone have this setup? stingers & o/r h pipe?? I want it to be loud and deep... but not obnoxious... Also i've heard and H pipe gives a deeper sound than an X pipe... anyone have some advice?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Dude I was in the same exact boat as you, and let me tell you my car sounded AMAZING in my opinion great from inside and even better from the outside. The only thing thats sounded better to me would be Devin GT/CS setup and hes running the 3" Magnapack Catbacks with a Pypes O/R H and his is only a little louder. I would say defintely do it... at first it is REALLY obnoxious as in just flat out loud but give it about 200-300 miles and it tones down perfectly.. basically the best way to explain it is.. you know how your stingers sound at WOT? Imagine that sound at only 2800 RPMS.... and think about what WOT will sound like.. Yes exactly.. HEAVEN... in fact that is what I miss most about my car... the growl it had demanded the attention of everyone in a 100 feet radius... even my own haha... god I hope I get it back soon and if not you better bet I am getting Stingers or Magnapacks with the Pypes H on my next one.... let us know what you do. Peace!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Katostangdude

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Dude I was in the same exact boat as you, and let me tell you my car sounded AMAZING in my opinion great from inside and even better from the outside. The only thing thats sounded better to me would be Devin GT/CS setup and hes running the 3" Magnapack Catbacks with a Pypes O/R H and his is only a little louder. I would say defintely do it... at first it is REALLY obnoxious as in just flat out loud but give it about 200-300 miles and it tones down perfectly.. basically the best way to explain it is.. you know how your stingers sound at WOT? Imagine that sound at only 2800 RPMS.... and think about what WOT will sound like.. Yes exactly.. HEAVEN... in fact that is what I miss most about my car... the growl it had demanded the attention of everyone in a 100 feet radius... even my own haha... god I hope I get it back soon and if not you better bet I am getting Stingers or Magnapacks with the Pypes H on my next one.... let us know what you do. Peace!
haha awesome! I think I'm gonna do it... it's not very expensive and can take it off if I dont like it, do you have problems with cops, being too loud?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I wanted to go with an O/R H with my stingers as well, but MA has emitions laws and what not. Sad face.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I live in the worst state to have a modified car especially exhaust wise they aren't legal over here either but I still did it... the car doesnt have to be emission tested for 6 years for my 2006 that is not until 2012 and if I still had the car I would just go back to stock for emissions and throw it back on when I got home... not that hard just takes like an hour.... and totaly worth it.. when it comes to cops I never had an issue for exhaust and as long as you keep it low and just barely creep by them you will be fine. I wouldn't want to fly past one at over 3000 RPMS though... you never know what you will get. Good luck with your decision man.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Katostangdude

I live in the worst state to have a modified car especially exhaust wise they aren't legal over here either but I still did it... the car doesnt have to be emission tested for 6 years for my 2006 that is not until 2012 and if I still had the car I would just go back to stock for emissions and throw it back on when I got home... not that hard just takes like an hour.... and totaly worth it.. when it comes to cops I never had an issue for exhaust and as long as you keep it low and just barely creep by them you will be fine. I wouldn't want to fly past one at over 3000 RPMS though... you never know what you will get. Good luck with your decision man.
Cool man, thanks! I think I'm gonna order it on monday... I live in Minnesota so there's no emission testing here... Plus all the redneck farm boys here all have obnoxiously loud exhaust on there trucks haha, so i think i will be fine! I'll let you know when i have it installed, prolly within the next 2 weeks
Old 04-03-2009, 04:09 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

You are going to be loud as heck. I helped a fellow Mustang club member install his. You can hear him a mile away. He loves it.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 PM
xfactor95
1st Gear Member

I live in the worst state to have a modified car especially exhaust wise they aren't legal over here either but I still did it... the car doesnt have to be emission tested for 6 years for my 2006 that is not until 2012
You only have an emissions check every 6 years? Did I misunderstand you? We've got emissions checks once a year.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I thought that Mass did it once a year as well, i thought it was odd as well to only check every 6 years. I want long tubes anyway, so I'll just get long tubes with a catted-h and it will be loud enough for me.

OP - Post some sound clips for us when your done!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:24 PM
DLZ314
2nd Gear Member

I'm looking at the pypes O/R H too, but it'll go with my Bassani BX axle-backs. I'm dying to know how it goes for you....

Quick Reply: pypes off road H pipe question