Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Redline

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:25 AM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Default Redline

Ok, I’ve been driving he new GT all weekend to try and get used to her. I love the exhaust rumble and the tones from slow speed 1st to 2nd shifting. But I have a question about the 6k redline and bogging down. I got on the highway once yesterday and decided to get on her a bit. I was in 1st and gave her the gas, and then I was kind of sloppy going to 2nd. I noticed that just as she hit near 6k on the tach, the engine went into super bog mode. I tried it again, but this time with the TSC off and the same thing happened.

Is there some kind of governor or limiter to protect the engine from being blown up on her? If there is that’s cool, I’m still learning to driver her right. I just didn’t expect the sudden bog down like that.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Redline

there is a rev limiter...can you load a tune to push it up if you wanted to
Old 06-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

With the predator? Anyway would it actually harm the engine if taken off? Do you actually get a little bit more gutso?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

either the predator or xcal can do it. As I understand it, there is a little room to bump it up and still be in the safe zone...I for one am not interested pushing the envelope. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:15 PM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Robs05gtvert,

How easy was you C&L install and pred tune? Did it take long? Did you notice a difference afterwards?
Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

C&L intake / CAI takes about 10 minutes to install. Very straight forward. Diablo tune is also very straight forward. Plug in the tuner, choose install tune, custom tune, pick the tune out of the list. It will back up your original tune to the tuner, then reflash your PCM.

There will be a considerable notice in performance and sound of the vehicle. If you do a pre and post dyno pull, you should see between 20 and 25rwhp and 20 to 30ft lbs rwtq.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:14 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

C&L intake / CAI takes about 10 minutes to install. Very straight forward. Diablo tune is also very straight forward. Plug in the tuner, choose install tune, custom tune, pick the tune out of the list. It will back up your original tune to the tuner, then reflash your PCM.

There will be a considerable notice in performance and sound of the vehicle. If you do a pre and post dyno pull, you should see between 20 and 25rwhp and 20 to 30ft lbs rwtq.
Plus the rev limiter bumps up at least a few hundred rpm...
Old 06-20-2005, 02:50 PM
BeachBunns85

So I'm a little confused. When you say that there is a buffer in which you can take it past the red line, that means that I'm not hurting my unmodified GT by hitting the 6 rpm line?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:20 PM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Can you use a predator to tune out the torque management from the computer to give you more control on whether or not you can spin the tires, fish tail, or chirp them in second gear?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:24 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

I have the XCalibrator2. The rev-limiter is now about 6600. I haven't tryied top speed yet, but the speed limiter is gone too. I hit 110 in third and shifted into 5th at about 140....still pulling hard! The most impressive part of it is when in first gear at about 10 mph, without double-clutching, you can burn the tires. 2nd gear will lay about 2-car lenghts of rubber as well. This was well worth the $675 price tag. You just "thought" your car had power till you get the C&L and Brenspeed tuned XCal-2.

Quick Reply: Redline