Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Borla vs FRPP vs Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:01 AM
DM797
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ruflying74
I've been following the whole Borla vs Steeda AB's as well. Recently, I noticed that Steeda changed their design a bit, they don't look like the Borlas quite so much anymore. I wonder if their sound changed any with the design change?

But then again, on Steeda's website they show the second image above when you search for 05' Axlebacks, but if you click on a link they have at the bottom of the page labeled "X-Large Media Image" it gives you the first pic above, the one under the yellow stang? So which one do you get now?
https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...with-pics.html

Check out this thread...shows pics of the ones I got...I think they are two different part numbers. One is the newer model I'm assuming. From what I can tell they have the same sound, just a different look. I can show you other pics if you want to see more.

Probably need to ask Steeda themselves.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:00 AM
TypeS
2nd Gear Member

Two questions:

1. Right now I'm leaning towards the FRPP stingers because of the price and because I have heard that although the steedas share a common design, they will sound slighly more aggressive because of less sound deadening material. But what is the cheapest anyone has seen a set of new Borla Stingers? I'm seeing ~$500

2. How will stingers sound with O/R midpipe and LTs? Would an X or H be better considering both sound and power gains?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:39 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TypeS
Two questions:

1. Right now I'm leaning towards the FRPP stingers because of the price and because I have heard that although the steedas share a common design, they will sound slighly more aggressive because of less sound deadening material. But what is the cheapest anyone has seen a set of new Borla Stingers? I'm seeing ~$500

2. How will stingers sound with O/R midpipe and LTs? Would an X or H be better considering both sound and power gains?
I got my FRPP stingers for 350 out the door on eBAY. They were used, but only slightly; the guy selling them didn't like the sound and went with MACs IIRC. The more patient you are, the better deal you'll find...
Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TypeS
Two questions:

nada wrong with aggressive man go for the steedas baby
Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Ruflying74
1st Gear Member

Southern Mustang usually runs a $470 deal on the Borlas when he gets a shipment in. Steeda's are typically around $450. That's new for both, just keep your eyes out on the classified section, someone is always looking to change their setup and offload what they got.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:54 AM
muster

probably if they are not happy or contented with their setup now, they will definitely change it.