Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Eibach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM
OhFive GT

Default RE: Eibach Springs

Question-

If the Steeda springs are made by Eibach, then which one would be best? Are they identical springs? Are the spring rates the same? If so, then is price the only difference? I know I have a bunch of questions, I really do appreciate the insight. And I will return and forward the knowledge.

Thanks,
Alfred
Old 06-29-2005, 12:47 PM
169stang
1st Gear Member

I don't see a reason why you'd call BS? 1. we're talking 2 different things here, camber plates/front wheel alignment 2. panhard bar. I, by all means, am no alignment guy. I do understand what your saying about lowering the car and the geometry having no choice but to change. I also don't know if they did any alignments of the front tires with the rears. I do know that when I drive the car, it doesn't pull, shake, etc. It rides smooth. There is no irregular tire wear either. For some reason, they managed to align the front end without the need of camber adjustment plates.
As far as the rear, I can't see anything out of alignment. I know that I probably would need to plumb it to see it. What's the point if it's that minor. I take the rear tires off 2-3 times a week and put slicks on. I am constantly looking at the tread on these tires. On the other hand...a panhard bar wouldn't hurt in a racing application either.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:27 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I was not the one who called B.S.to what you said. My friend has not replaced his panhard rod yet either the ride of his car is just fine it might not hurt to keep it the way it is but over along time who knows.He plans on replacing his panhard rod soon.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:19 PM
169stang
1st Gear Member

I know it wasn't you. I will most likely be getting one down the road as well. I'll probably be getting some of the chassis products as well from BMR.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
OhFive GT

Hey Ric,

I love the way your stang sits with the pro springs, I used to have pro springs on a previous car though and I had big time issues with speed bumps. How is the stang over bumps and stuff on the pro springs?? Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,
Alfred
Old 07-01-2005, 07:07 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OhFive GT

Hey Ric,

I love the way your stang sits with the pro springs, I used to have pro springs on a previous car though and I had big time issues with speed bumps. How is the stang over bumps and stuff on the pro springs?? Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,
Alfred

I have the Sport series.The ride is a little stiffer I have not had any problems with speed bumps yet . The car handles alot better on curves.But on transitions bridge to road can make you jump sometimes other than that I would not change a thing.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:40 PM
OhFive GT

Wow, i thought for sure you had the pro springs... so how much is the drop with the Eibach sport springs? I know the Steeda springs 'sport' drop about 1 inch, but your car looks lower... at least off of your pic.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:45 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OhFive GT

Wow, i thought for sure you had the pro springs... so how much is the drop with the Eibach sport springs? I know the Steeda springs 'sport' drop about 1 inch, but your car looks lower... at least off of your pic.

1-3/4" in the front 2-1/4" in the back
Old 07-01-2005, 07:49 PM
OhFive GT

Dayum... then their pro kit has to be close to 3 inch drop... hmmm something to think about...

Thanks Ric!!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:52 PM
OhFive GT

OK, sorry about that... I had my cables crossed... for some reason i thought that the pro kit would be more of a drop than the Eibach sport kit... Got it now.

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs