Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Eibach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach Springs

ORIGINAL: OhFive GT

Dayum... then their pro kit has to be close to 3 inch drop... hmmm something to think about...

Thanks Ric!!

Pro kit is not as low.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:20 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

RICVA05,

Again, another awesome pic of your car. I finally got one of mine, but I'm not happy with the glare. Did you link the pic from your URL?

Old 07-05-2005, 08:10 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

I'm the guy who helped RicVA05 lower his car. The lack of adjustable Panhard bar will only cause problems when you try to use really wide tires. Because of the angle of the bar at stock ride height, any amount you lower the car will cause it to shift to the drivers side. The more you lower it the more it shifts to the drivers side.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:58 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: td1320

I'm the guy who helped RicVA05 lower his car. The lack of adjustable Panhard bar will only cause problems when you try to use really wide tires. Because of the angle of the bar at stock ride height, any amount you lower the car will cause it to shift to the drivers side. The more you lower it the more it shifts to the drivers side.

I knew that.LOL
Old 07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: td1320

Right, " The more you lower it the more it shifts to the drivers side." that's the problem, the rear axle is moved left when you lower the '05 cars and even at rest the rear axle is off the chassis centerline. This offset causes your car's front track center line to not be in alignment with the car's rear track center line causing a differential in left vs. right turns and even going down the road in a straight line. This is different compared to stock ride height which is normally centered in the chassis with the driver and half a tank of fuel.

Many people may not notice any real problems, just a difference in left and right turns when they drive the car hard. If you do drive the car hard enough to notice the difference in the way the car handles in turning right vs. left regularly you will be one of the people who will have tire wear issues unless you get the rear axle recentered. Those folks who say there are no problems when you lower an '05 are not driving their cars hard enough to realize the Mustang's cornering potential and hence will likely only occassionally notice a weirdness in turn in once in a while.

Get a rear panhard bar that is adjustable and find a guy who knows what they are talking about to do the alignment. You must center the rear axle FIRST then do a 4 wheel alignment, the difference in handling is not trivial at all once you know what it should feel like when turning in BOTH directions.

Cheers