Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

06 gt questions /decisions! please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:11 PM
06mustangprocharged

Default 06 gt questions /decisions! please help

im about to buy a base model 2006 red gt......absolute first things are gonna be the procharger......which model psc1 dsc1? on a stock motor with potential bolts on in future? second, which gear 3:73 or 4:10 , i was thinking 4:10's due to prochargers boosting at 4 k plus but it also might be too much gear for the track, third should i slap on the eleanor body kit or is there a better one to recommended for these bodys... fourth, best aftermarket hood? last , how big of wheels 17's , 18 's i would like all black rims which brand or model carrys these , and which do ya recommend? lol i need these opinions fast , im seriously going to dump this much money in as soon as i have the car.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 PM
1BADHRSE
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06mustangprocharged
im about to buy a base model 2006 red gt......absolute first things are gonna be the procharger......which model psc1 dsc1? on a stock motor with potential bolts on in future? second, which gear 3:73 or 4:10 , i was thinking 4:10's due to prochargers boosting at 4 k plus but it also might be too much gear for the track, third should i slap on the eleanor body kit or is there a better one to recommended for these bodys... fourth, best aftermarket hood? last , how big of wheels 17's , 18 's i would like all black rims which brand or model carrys these , and which do ya recommend? lol i need these opinions fast , im seriously going to dump this much money in as soon as i have the car.

Dam just gonig to jump into it ful blast... Why not start with exhaust lol...
I would get the P1sc... Unless you are going to be boosting over 32 lbs of boost... I would not reccomend 4:10s with any type of F/I for traction issues... I personally would go with the 3:73s max....
I reccomend all of Cervinis products but they are very expensive for the most part... Do not do fiberglass if you plan on lowering you will just mess it up... Hood from cervinis... Every brand carrys black rims just google mustang rims or look at AmericanMuscle.com... I run a 20'' rim and Love the look hate the ride... Its your choice...

Have you even priced out how much this is going to run you yet... Its not a BMW but by all means it is not a honda...
Procharger alone is around $6,000 for the full kit...
Full body kit is around $8,000 depending..
Gears are $275 for the full kit but anywere from $300-$600 for install...
Rims are around $1,700 with tires...

I dont know your finacial status but nor is that any of my business... I would just make sure that you are buying the correct things for what you want in the end all... I knew personally what I wanted to do what I was looking for and just asked for opinions with Polls... It just seems like your asking someone to build your dream car for you...
Just do a little research my friend...
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Where are you racing the car? Colorado? I'd do nitrous at elevation, nothing like bringing your own air.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:30 PM
OEWheelsLance
Former Sponsor

we carry several 18" packages for your vehicle at very reasonable prices.