Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP!! Car stuck in Limp-Mode... codes 2112 & 2104 keep coming back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
timfoster405

Default HELP!! Car stuck in Limp-Mode... codes 2112 & 2104 keep coming back!!!

OK... my worst nightmare...drop the car off at a reputable exhaust/Brake/hotrod shop to get a set of JBA shorty headers & x-pipe installed. The mechanic disconnected the battery to do the work because he knew that he would have to removed starter as part of the install. When he reconnected the battery to start the car up...codes 2112 and 2104 popped up and the yellow wrench light came on. Furthermore, the car is forced in idle only mode, pushing the gas pedal DOES NOTHING. Car will run... at only 750 rpms.. like 3 mph...

We are able to reset the codes and the yellow check engine light goes off, but the wrench light stays on. Then after a few minutes the check engine light comes back on with the same code. These codes have something to do the with edelbrock T-Body, which I have had NO PROBLEMS with at all. With the key on, engine off, I can push the gas pedal and watch the throttle plate move fine with the intake hose removed.

Is there something special about the limp-mode... does a Ford dealer need to reset this type of code? Some of the guys at the shop remember another car doing this similar thing and the guy had to reload the stock tune in, reset the code and reload the special tune for the blower set-up.

BTW, I have tried reloading the tune from Tillman's back in... does not change anything, still same problem.

What do you all think?

thanks,
Old 07-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

What do the codes mean?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-01-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

The codes are related to the ETC.........pedal module, t.b. actuator motor and the tps. These are standard codes.... stock or aftermarket t.b.

I know Edelbrock had some t.b. issues in the beginning. You may contact them and ask. Also, check for a pinched/shorted harness.

If they jacked up the engine for the install, they may have pitched a harness somewhere. Also, check the harness at the pedal module, possible hit some thing if they pulled the steering shaft.

Casey
Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM
joeboggs1234

I had a similiar issue when my tps was going out. I replaced that and haven't had any problems since.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:35 PM
timfoster405

Nothing like taking you car to get work done to it in perfect running order and having to tow it home when the shop is DONE... talk about a big let down...

Anyway, UPS screwed up and missed the "next day air" shipment on Friday...and finally delivered the new Edelbrock T-body today (Monday) at 5:15 PM...talk about waiting to the last minute...jerks...

Anyway swapped the OEM parts over to the new t-body and installed it... and shazzamm it works perfectly.

Codes are GONES... the little yellow wrench is GONE!!! started right up like there was never anything wrong with the car...

And of course, I take the car out and nail it... and it sounds like my transmission is banging/clanking all over the place... turns out that the dude who installed my x-pipe installed the clamps on the 3-piece catted x-pipe backwards where the part that hangs off to the side is right next to the transmission bracket... hitting/bumping into it...

After jacking the car up and rotating the clamp around... and tightening up the rest of the freakn bolts he "forgot" to tighten, I notice the magnaflow x-pipe has a pin hole leak right before the cat.... Just freakn GREAT... now I got to pull it off and take it to have it tack welded...

it just never ends... you try to do something right... and everything about modifying these cars always ends up with more things going wrong that are completely out of your control no matter how well you plan it... anyway... car seems to be running good...somewhat rich giving 11.1's on the a/f's... may need to get Chris Rose to re-tune...

Car is faster with shorty headers and catted x...
Old 06-29-2012, 07:43 PM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

Hi!
My car in trouble. Please help me. While I am at a stop sign, the wrench and CEL are on . I get the codes 2135, 2112 and 2104 . Furthermore, the car is forced in idle only mode, pushing the gas pedal DOES NOTHING. Car will run... at only 750 rpms.. like 3 mph... I cleaned TB, MAF sensor, replaced Fuel filter . The problem is still there.
Thanks
Old 06-29-2012, 07:56 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

What changed recently? Any new mods? What mods did you have before and then after this trouble started. Reading the other posts in this zombie thread, they all appear to be throttle body related. Did you replace the throttle body recently/ever?

Don