Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to get from Brenspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
TotoGT06
2nd Gear Member

Default What to get from Brenspeed?

Alright Im planning on doing the financial payment option with Brenspeed for a part(s). I have a couple choices I want but lets hear what you think. A Saleen Stage 3 Supercharger will be bought and installed in the spring so this is waiting, but until then what before it?

Mac Longtubes and Prochamber with gaskets and O2 extension

or

Steeda or BMR LCA braket(which one? I dont want to weld if I dont have to) along with Steeda Adj UCA, BMR UCA bracket, BMR Adj Panhard bar, Tokico DSpec Adj Shock/struts

I already have LCA's, CAI, and Eibach Sportlines. Also have 4.10 gears that still need to be installed but that can happen when I get the supercharger
Old 08-31-2009, 10:51 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I have learned to plan and react to needs rather than buying stuff out of anticipation. I'd get the SC first, drive it a bit, and then decide what it needs.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
I have learned to plan and react to needs rather than buying stuff out of anticipation. I'd get the SC first, drive it a bit, and then decide what it needs.
+1
... before putting yourself in more debt.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

/agree +3

What do you need the relocation brackets for anyway? I thought those were mainly needed for a lowered car?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
/agree +3

What do you need the relocation brackets for anyway? I thought those were mainly needed for a lowered car?

he said he has eibach sportlines...

i'd do the same though, save that money towards the supercharger so you can pay it off faster, then decide where your car is lacking with that new found power
Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
TotoGT06
2nd Gear Member

reason I didnt want the SC right away is because this car is going to be my winter car also. So I dont need to be spinning my tires all the time because of too much power right away.

Also, nobody say go for the supershaker, I have an aftermarket hood so it would be pointless. And yes I am lowered 1.5" so I need the brackets
Old 08-31-2009, 03:43 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

There was a thread about this recently, on another forum I think. Tons of northerners chimed in for a supercharged car even in the winter. Stay light on the throttle and the boost will never kick on and it will be just like driving a stock Mustang.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Stay light on the throttle and the boost will never kick on and it will be just like driving a stock Mustang.
So IOW, it still kinda sucks in the winter.

FWD/AWD FTW. In the winter anyway.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:59 AM
i8acobra
2nd Gear Member

Buy suspension first. Doesn't help to have all that power if you can't put it down.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:37 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I would go ahead with the relocation brackets and the adj. pan hard bar. As far as the shocks/struts and UCA if you have the money then go ahead. If not, then I would wait until after the s/c for those mods if you find them necessary. Also for the exhaust I would wait until later, you will be happy with the new power for a while. Once that starts to wear off and you are craving a bit more power, then you can go with LT's.

Quick Reply: What to get from Brenspeed?