Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dyno Tune Versus BAMA Tune Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

Default Dyno Tune Versus BAMA Tune Questions

Has anyone here run the Bama 93 race tune and then had a dyno tune done?

Did you pick up any power or torque?
Did throttle response get any better?
Did your power band smooth out any?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

Ok, how about dyno tune versus ANY canned tune?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

A Dyno tune is going to beat any canned or mail order tune you can get as long as the dyno tuner knows what he/she is doing.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

+1. But honestly, i say that brenspeed is damn near perfect with their canned tunes. On the brenspeed tune, i dyno'd at 321hp/338tq. Upon having my car dyno tuned, i was only making 325hp/341tq.

not too damn shabby if you ask me. But once again, the canned tunes are gonna run a bit richer than a dyno tune will. Its for safety sakes.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

for the OP's mods, CAI and o/r h pipe, he should be fine with a mail order tune. if he had more mods, maybe a dyno tune would be worth it. but for those basic mods, a mail order tune from bama or brenspeed and the like will get a good result.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 PM
AU2BOT
2nd Gear Member

Not sure about the Bama tunes but I got my tunes and of course I wasnt able to empty the fuel tank for the 91 race tune yet so I installed the 87 performance tune and HOLY############ , wow amazing difference I have an auto, I went from a sled to a rocket, I kid you not, I cant wait to install my 91 tune, for those that want to wait Dont ( what ever tuner you go with ), my Brenspeed tune is awesome, sorry I waited this long, Instead of appearance mods I should have done this sooner, now this is what a Mustang GT should feel like !!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Ok... one side note about this rapant idea that you need to run your car out of lower octaine gas, remove the gas tank, purify it with flame, have it exorcised by an old priest and a young priest, and then have it re-installed by a rabbi who blesses it with the blood of 37 virgins before putting in a higher octain tune is just insane. One of the greatest beneifits of the Spanish Oak processor in the S197 is that it has a really super advanced knock strategy, allowing it to run on just about any grade of swill you put in there safely. Believe me when I say that the knock strategy these cars use blows just about anything used before out of the water. Short of having it tuned for 106 and running it on 87, your going to be fine.

If your really that paranoid about octaine.. here's something to think about. When you pull up at the pump for gas... whatever octaine the guy in front of you got, is going to be about the first 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon you get...
Old 10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

Did anyone notice a difference in their powerband? My car has noticeable "blips" in the powerband. I am looking for a smoother and more predictable drive. Full throttle is fine but part throttle has weird surges from time to time.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Spanish Oak sounds like some kind of "male enhancement" product.

Last edited by SirKnightTG; 10-03-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: hmm...
Old 10-03-2009, 07:39 AM
AU2BOT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Back N Black
Did anyone notice a difference in their powerband? My car has noticeable "blips" in the powerband. I am looking for a smoother and more predictable drive. Full throttle is fine but part throttle has weird surges from time to time.
None here so far, today I finally was able to empty my tank of 87 octane and install my new Brenspeed 91 race tune, WOW......................... HOLY HOLY S### I floored it and almost slid off the road in to the other lane, talk about a lot of extra power I didnt know I had here, smooth firm shifts and down right dig fast, not to shabby for for my auto, it is amazing this is the same car I had a week ago , talk about put you back in your seat , now I know what the head rests are for . I didnt know how much more fun it is to drive with all the extra giddy up it Thanks Brenspeed !!!!

Quick Reply: Dyno Tune Versus BAMA Tune Questions