Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bama vs Brooksspeed dyno run

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:03 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Default Bama vs Brooksspeed dyno run

Today I dynoed my car with brooksspeed and bama. I don't have the dyno sheet. The shop is supposed to email me the dyno runs; nonetheless, both tunes runs where almost the same. Both where around 307RWHP and 312RWTQ. The only problem is both tunes seem to be running lean. Brooksspeed's A/F was 14.1 so I added 2% fuel at 2-4K and 4-7K and that bought the A/F to 13.8. Bama's A/F was 14.3. I am wondering if it's the dyno itself. I have dynoed Bama's on a different dyno and got nearly identical hp/tq numbers, but the A/F as around 12.8.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

A car would not produce that numbers on that AFR, what WB do they use?
Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Not sure about the WB, but their O2 sensor may be getting old.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Yeah... I would say old/bad o2's. If you dynoed before with same outcome but different AFr's, your fuel was spot on and hasn't changed. If you were running leaner, the HP and Tq would be down.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:12 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I called bamachips 4 days in a row last week and could not get someone to answer the phone. Is this normal for them? Maybe you guys can answer my question. I want to order the sct/cai combo now, later I plan to change my gears to 4.10's will I be able to input that change myself or do I need to get new tunes with the 4.10 ratio programed into it?

patrick
Old 10-11-2009, 01:14 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT Bob
Yeah... I would say old/bad o2's. If you dynoed before with same outcome but different AFr's, your fuel was spot on and hasn't changed. If you were running leaner, the HP and Tq would be down.
Or it could be a sign of something with his fuel system. Dirty injectors, or something with the fuels lines.

How many miles on the car?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I called bamachips 4 days in a row last week and could not get someone to answer the phone. Is this normal for them? Maybe you guys can answer my question. I want to order the sct/cai combo now, later I plan to change my gears to 4.10's will I be able to input that change myself or do I need to get new tunes with the 4.10 ratio programed into it?

patrick
Unfortunately this is normal for them. I called every day for about 2 weeks. When doug finally answered I wasn't even prepared with my questions. Just got so used to getting their VM.

anyway, yes you can make the change yourself. it's under optional parameters. You'll see this option when loading a tune into your car. All you'll do is select 4.10's and you'll be on your way.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:52 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
Unfortunately this is normal for them. I called every day for about 2 weeks. When doug finally answered I wasn't even prepared with my questions. Just got so used to getting their VM.

anyway, yes you can make the change yourself. it's under optional parameters. You'll see this option when loading a tune into your car. All you'll do is select 4.10's and you'll be on your way.

Excellent.....just what I wanted to hear. Now I will just order and worry about gear change later.

I was just hitting redial on the cellie like 5 or 6 times a day all week......I kept thinking "holy sh#t is this guy on vacation or what?"

What tunes do you really use of the three your ordered? For me 91 Race tune, then maybe the 91 torq and maybe a 89 torque? I dont know? I will never use cheap gas so forget the 87 tunes. On Maui we have no freeways so its mostly city style driving.....lots of stoplights. FYI 91 octane premium is $3.80!! Everything costs more here. LOL

patrick
Old 10-11-2009, 02:46 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acarzt
Or it could be a sign of something with his fuel system. Dirty injectors, or something with the fuels lines.

How many miles on the car?
53,000 miles. I did use seafoam around 45 to 50K. Fuel filter was changed at 35K.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:49 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Excellent.....just what I wanted to hear. Now I will just order and worry about gear change later.

I was just hitting redial on the cellie like 5 or 6 times a day all week......I kept thinking "holy sh#t is this guy on vacation or what?"

What tunes do you really use of the three your ordered? For me 91 Race tune, then maybe the 91 torq and maybe a 89 torque? I dont know? I will never use cheap gas so forget the 87 tunes. On Maui we have no freeways so its mostly city style driving.....lots of stoplights. FYI 91 octane premium is $3.80!! Everything costs more here. LOL

patrick
If you do a lot of city driving, use the 91 tq tune. The race is not a bad tune for the city but the tq tune is easier to drive. 89 tq tune is okay as well. There is not a night and day difference between the 91 and 89 tq tune. At the most there will be a 2-3 hp/tq difference.

Quick Reply: Bama vs Brooksspeed dyno run