Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hey guys! Some exhaust & CAI Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:47 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSJ Stang
Nice...

808, do you have a sound clip of the CAI in action? Like i said I was looking forward to that nice loud sucking sound.

So this is something someone like me with little mechanical knowledge can do with no problem. Do you have a link to this tuner/cai combo so I can check it out myself. I usually run 89 by the way....
I just installed mine yesterday. It is very straight forward. Basic tools to install. A 10mm socket and a 5/16 socket, a torque driver #20 and a phillips head. Really simple. Brenspeed has a good video for using the sct controller. I just watched it a few times to get a feel for it and then plugged it in and followed the prompts. Its really simple. You can do this. Lots of folks here willing to help you and answer any questions..........there are no stupid ones.

Sorry no video clips.....you could prolly google it and find one.

patrick
Old 11-01-2009, 04:34 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

For exhaust, look at the SLP Loud Mouths. Sound awesome and and are one of the cheaper axlebacks out there. $349 at american muscle. I had Bassani's on it and swapped to the SLP's. Best decision I ever made!!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
valsurfer101
1st Gear Member

Check out the JLT CAI (requires tune but woke up the car like no other)and for an amazing and i mean breathtaking exhaust get the SLP LOUDMOUTHS.. I bought them and they sound amazing!!! my friend installed every exhaust on his and he is the one who introduced me to the loudmouths they are fantastic.
you can get them from americanmuscle.com
and for the cold air intake and tune i would order from bamachips the owner of the company owns a mustang and puts alot of time and hard work in his tunes theyre simply the best im going to order a race tune from him soon.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
SSJ Stang

Thanks for the comments guys. I've pretty much made up my mind on the CAI and tune, but not sure on the exhaust yet.

I'm split between the SLP Loudmouth and the Boom Tubes. There both similarly priced but the Boom Tubes are said to have that better deeper sound. Any opinions on these 2 units?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Red ll iine GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I've pretty much made up my mind on the CAI and tune, but not sure on the exhaust yet.

I'm split between the SLP Loudmouth and the Boom Tubes. There both similarly priced but the Boom Tubes are said to have that better deeper sound. Any opinions on these 2 units?
Boom Tubes sound good..but are a pain to install. If you get BoomTubes..plan on getting new hangers and having a pain in the *** install..but it pays off. I also read that your were interested in inspections..so unless you know someone who owns a garage..check your state laws..Both SLP Loudmouths and Boomtubes are straight pipes with noo mufflers.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red ll iine GT
Boom Tubes sound good..but are a pain to install. If you get BoomTubes..plan on getting new hangers and having a pain in the *** install..but it pays off. I also read that your were interested in inspections..so unless you know someone who owns a garage..check your state laws..Both SLP Loudmouths and Boomtubes are straight pipes with noo mufflers.

Cant comment on the Boom Tubes, but the SLP's are a breeze to install. Not that ease of installation should be your deciding factor, but it sure helps.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 AM
SSJ Stang

Thanks for all the help guys, I know a lot of forums don't like to be bothered by newbs asking questions they've heard many times before.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to pull the trigger on the boom tubes, do you guys recommend getting the SS Hangers too? And where would I get the best price? I was thinking Brenspeed since I'm probably going to get the Tune/CAI package too.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:58 AM
fireguyty
1st Gear Member

IMO get CAI, tune, and an off road H pipe from Brenspeed. H pipe alone sounds wicked, adds HP and is only like $180.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Red ll iine GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the help guys, I know a lot of forums don't like to be bothered by newbs asking questions they've heard many times before.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to pull the trigger on the boom tubes, do you guys recommend getting the SS Hangers too? And where would I get the best price? I was thinking Brenspeed since I'm probably going to get the Tune/CAI package too.
Do you have an Auto ro 5 spd?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:43 PM
SSJ Stang

Originally Posted by Red ll iine GT
Do you have an Auto ro 5 spd?
Auto,

Just pulled the trigger on the Tuner/CAI and Boom Tubes Exhaust from Brenspeed. I'll let you guys know how I make out!!

Quick Reply: Hey guys! Some exhaust & CAI Questions...