Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Was all set for aluminum DS, now not sure

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Was all set for aluminum DS, now not sure

So I had decided to order up an aluminium DS from Shaftmasters. They tell me with an 05 I will have to move the ebrake bracket. I'd really rather not get into any of that stuff and i just want a bolt on. anyone with an 05 lowered with the eibach pro kit running a one peice DS that they can recommend that has no clerance problems for the car, MGW shifter or ebrake?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Dynatech?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
lazyboy31614@aol.com
2nd Gear Member

I have a Dynatech Aluminum Driveshaft off brenspeed, i've had no problems with it and it's been in for about three months now. I'm not lowered but very easy to install. I've never heard of someone lowered having problems with it.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

^^^^ your not lowered and OP its no big deal and to relocate the ebrake cable....I am sure shaftmasters would give easy pics and instructions...

most lowered cars and those with the MGW shifter with the max set of turns (shortest throw) can and will hit the DS.....nothing new and a fix for each one. JMO
Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I spent about 20 minutes relocating the e-brake bracket in case I ever decide to drop the car. Piece of cake.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

i almost got this mod. Anyone was it worth it?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel60
i almost got this mod. Anyone was it worth it?
Absolutely. Rotating mass is an acceleration killer. You can easily lose 25-30 lbs by getting rid of the clunky two piece steel driveshaft and replacing it with an aluminum shaft.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 AM
zoomerman46
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
So I had decided to order up an aluminium DS from Shaftmasters. They tell me with an 05 I will have to move the ebrake bracket. I'd really rather not get into any of that stuff and i just want a bolt on. anyone with an 05 lowered with the eibach pro kit running a one peice DS that they can recommend that has no clerance problems for the car, MGW shifter or ebrake?

I had the same drive shaft installed last year in my 05GT. I have the MGW shifter installed along with just the Roush rear springs installed. Only isssue I ran into was the add on weights they used to balance the shaft just happened to be inline with the MGW adjustable shift linkage. I had to set the turns from around 9 to 6 to clear the weight. No problen since then, didn't really need the shifter to be that short of throw anyway.
One of the best mod's I've done. No more clunking during shifts and the RPM's seem to spin up faster.I would recommend Shaftmaster, good product and good service.
Only other thing I would recommend is the CHE brace with torque limiters. Really stiffened up the drive train. No missed shifts now. Brace added alittle more noise to the cabin but not that noticable now that I have the Magnaflow HiFlow catted x-pipe on.
I didn't have to mess with the e-brake handle every cleared OK .Never a problem.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

700 dollars plus is expensive for me.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

Not to hijack the thread from the OP, but I am contemplating the aluminum DS also, possibly the Steeda one. My car is lowered with the Eibach Pro-Kit shocks. Are there installation issues other than straight bolt-in?

Quick Reply: Was all set for aluminum DS, now not sure