Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Car Age and repairs

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default Car Age and repairs

I got my car in November of 2004 and my extended warranty is done this month. I have about 77,000 miles on her. Here is what I remember that has been repaired.

Ball joints
Rear Main Seal - Interesting I didn't get this oil leak until I used Lucas oil or gasoline treatment?
Speedometer- The head had to be replace because the speedometer gave it up.
Alternator - Just this month.
Shaker Radio - Actually got two of these.
Driver Seat - upper and lower leather replaced.
Fuel system was totally cleaned twice now. the first was because I used octane boosters which dirty the system horribly to give check engine light for irregular idling.

My mods are the usual. 4.10 gears, C/L CAI/brenspeed tune, Underdrive pullys, Mac axleback and Prochamber with cats.

I'm interested to hear from others here on the forum . Participate please.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

I have an 2006 GT 5spd, with a little less than 45,000 on it. Bought it used in '07 with a little less than 15,000 on it.

-Replaced the alternator earlier this year.
-One of the rear defroster connectors on the rear window came off, so the dealership soldered it back on.
-Rear bumber and who knows what else were repaired/replace a couple months ago after some lady rear ended me.

Car is still under warranty.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burrosito
I have an 2006 GT 5spd, with a little less than 45,000 on it. Bought it used in '07 with a little less than 15,000 on it.

-Replaced the alternator earlier this year.
-One of the rear defroster connectors on the rear window came off, so the dealership soldered it back on.
-Rear bumber and who knows what else were repaired/replace a couple months ago after some lady rear ended me.

Car is still under warranty.
sorry about the bumper but you brought up something interesting and that is the rear defroster mine hasn't worked in years.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Really? I noticed mine was only partially working, like some lines worked but not all. Then I noticed the connection on the passenger side hanging loose. So I took it to the dealership since it's under warranty and they soldered it back on. Same thing? Or electrically internal?

I didn't really like not having the defroster. Morning dew was a pain, especially early morning while it was still dark when I head to work.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 PM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

2005 GT auto w/ 100,060 miles. Only thing replaced was the fuel pump under a tsb. Still on original brake pads .
Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 PM
stanged

Originally Posted by Burrosito
Really? I noticed mine was only partially working, like some lines worked but not all. Then I noticed the connection on the passenger side hanging loose. So I took it to the dealership since it's under warranty and they soldered it back on. Same thing? Or electrically internal?

I didn't really like not having the defroster. Morning dew was a pain, especially early morning while it was still dark when I head to work.
While cleaning my GF's rear window in her convertible I knocked the connection to the defroster element off. Took almost nothing to do it. GF said she did not even know she had a RW defogger, she is a real keeper. Asked our local dealer and they said they would have to replace the window. I called some local windshield repair places and they said they do not do these type of repairs. One said I could do it myself and to buy the cement at the local Kragens. A bit expensive but a lot less than replacing the window. I will be doing it in a few days and will post the result along with the name of the cement.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

fuel filter and several oil changes here.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
hardcore302
2nd Gear Member

how in the hell do you still have the same brake pads? mine went after like 30K!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

what are the symptoms of bad ball joints
Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hardcore302
how in the hell do you still have the same brake pads? mine went after like 30K!

Dude your driving too fast. I still have mine and I got the car in 2004.

Quick Reply: Car Age and repairs