Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Post deployment wish list, had a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Default Post deployment wish list, had a few questions

Ok, so I'm already putting together my post deployment mod wish list (super early but oh well I can dream!). So keep in mind this is my daily driver. I've been looking around at different options for superchargers but was wondering which was easier to install, a twin screw, or a vortech HO?

I want to upgrade the breaks and most likely the suspension too. Does anyone have the Mustang GT Stoptech Stage 2 from brenspeed? Is it worth it? What other options would you suggest? Also what suspension kits are decent?

I'm going to do a little build up on some other areas too while I'm at it. I was looking at shorty headers (simply because their easier to install), catted x pipe, aluminum one piece drive shaft and maybe a better clutch (will I need one really?). I have people here with tools and experience to help out with install so thats no problem. Just thought I would get some opinions on what to actually spend my money on.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:35 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i would say that any difference in the
ease of installation of one type or the
other, should not be a factor in your
decision. i have no doubt that you could
install any turn key kit on the market
today (they are designed for DIY'ers).

Check out the kits on brenspeed, lethal,
edlebrock etc. can't go wrong with any
of them.

Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026

was wondering which was easier to install, a
twin screw, or a vortech HO?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

I was going to try and get everything from brenspeed. They just seem to be a great company to work with from what I've seen.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

all the brenspeed kits are great, my
own favorite is the e-force stage II.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
all the brenspeed kits are great, my
own favorite is the e-force stage II.
Thats the twin screw system I was leaning towards.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026
Ok, so I'm already putting together my post deployment mod wish list (super early but oh well I can dream!). So keep in mind this is my daily driver. I've been looking around at different options for superchargers but was wondering which was easier to install, a twin screw, or a vortech HO?

I want to upgrade the breaks and most likely the suspension too. Does anyone have the Mustang GT Stoptech Stage 2 from brenspeed? Is it worth it? What other options would you suggest? Also what suspension kits are decent?

I'm going to do a little build up on some other areas too while I'm at it. I was looking at shorty headers (simply because their easier to install), catted x pipe, aluminum one piece drive shaft and maybe a better clutch (will I need one really?). I have people here with tools and experience to help out with install so thats no problem. Just thought I would get some opinions on what to actually spend my money on.
Glad to hear you get to come home soon, and what a better way to spend your time off, working on your car.

As far as the supercharger packages we offer, they are all put through extreme tests before they are released to the public. As far as install goes between the Vortech and a TS, they are pretty much the same skill level. I am a big fan of twin screw blowers (Saleen VI SC) and Eaton TVS (twin vorticies series) which is used in the E-Force. You can't go wrong with either SC since they both produce great numbers and are very efficient. The only downside of the E-Force IMO is how quiet it is under boost, u gotta love that SC wine.

As for the brakes, the GT500 kit will give you the most stopping power but the StopTech stage II kit will also give you increased stopping power and since the calipers are slotted, they will cool faster. Along with that, I would recommend tokico d-spec shocks and struts with steeda ultra light springs. This set up will give your car a very agressive stance while keeping close to stock ride.

For headers, I would recommend LT's over shorties to any person not worried about emmisions. Although in the past shorties were easier to install when compaired to LT's, we at brenspeed all agree that LT's are way easier to install and do a much better job in the HP and sound department as well.

These are just some options, feel free to give us a call or shoot me a PM if you have further questions.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

I left Italy just this Jan. and I did not want to do any mods just for the fact that Italians do not know how to work on SC Mustangs.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

I am sorry I guess that I did not read the whole thread. Glad to hear that you are going to SC the Mustang. I really like my Whipple HO but I do keep mine in the garage now.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:33 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Welcome back when you get back! Throw a Whipple HO on it, you won't be dissapointed! Where are you comming back to?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Best purchase you could make is another DD. The more modified you get the less reliable it becomes and the longer it's down when you change something.

Quick Reply: Post deployment wish list, had a few questions