Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Currie Motors - Frankfort, Illinois $10k over MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:27 PM
FlaBlackhawk

Default RE: Currie Motors - Frankfort, Illinois $10k over MSRP

[/quote]
Welcome to the Chicago suburbs, home of some of the dumbest people on earth.
[/quote]

Aww...I'm originally from Arlington Heights. I take offense to that. [8D]
Old 07-18-2005, 08:46 PM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Any GT premiums, 5sp, IUP in stock down in St louis ?

Love to support your favourite dealer !!!

Steve
Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman
I don't think you need to warn any of us MF'ers - we're all smarter than that Those cars will sit there until a stupid buyer picks one up, or a SMART buyer comes and asks to talk to the GM and lets him know he's off his rocker (or her/she/her)! Thats just rediculous, but typical in the car sales world.

I bet you could walk in there today, act all interested and sincere and all that - and tell them your not going to spend any more than $24K and they won't let you walk out [8D]
You'd think that wouldn't ya? But you'd be wrong. Here in the VA/DC area, they're charging at least $5k over the last I looked, and if you try to budge on that they laugh you out of the dealerships. When I bought mine, I drove 2.5 hours to DE to buy from a friendly REASONABLE dealer. After haggling with the local dealer for more than a month (and attempting to buy twice at a reasonable price), I told them I was driving to DE to pick up a comparable car, AT STICKER. They told me I was a liar, and that I had no idea what I was talking about (not the first time I'd heard this from them). I told them that if they would sell for $1k over sticker, I'd take it just to save me the time of driving to DE and back. They basically told me to go to hell. So I drove in there the next day with my car and had a few choice words with them. They were pissed, but at the same time they really didn't care because they ended up selling the one I had been interested in over that same weekend and getting the $5k markup.

Do we have every reason to hate the dealers? Yes, yes we do. However, who you should really hate are the idiots who are paying the markup. They ruin it for everyone. Jackass dealers like my local one are buying the GTs from other dealers who sell at sticker or below just so they can sell with the markup. Why? Because some numb-nuts will pay it. Until that stops, most dealers won't care about the customers. If you don't like that sort of treatment, use your wallet and your word of mouth to stick it to them.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:32 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: FlaBlackhawk

Hey I said "some of the dumbest people on earth" It was not directed at you or anyone else on this board.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ChewbaccaD Date 7/18/2005 7:28:25 PM

I drove 2.5 hours to DE to buy from a friendly REASONABLE dealer.
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer in Delaware did you buy your Mustang from? I'm live in Delaware, and I shopped around with four local dealers before finding my Oh Five...
Old 07-19-2005, 12:26 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: welshstar

Any GT premiums, 5sp, IUP in stock down in St louis ?

Love to support your favourite dealer !!!

Steve
Not that I know of BUT there will be a GT Deluxe available. It is being built this week. It is mineral gray with IUP, Shaker 500, manual. I know because I ordered it and I am not going to buy a 3rd Mustang. PM me and I'll let you know who to talk to and where.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:31 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChewbaccaD

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman
I don't think you need to warn any of us MF'ers - we're all smarter than that Those cars will sit there until a stupid buyer picks one up, or a SMART buyer comes and asks to talk to the GM and lets him know he's off his rocker (or her/she/her)! Thats just rediculous, but typical in the car sales world.

I bet you could walk in there today, act all interested and sincere and all that - and tell them your not going to spend any more than $24K and they won't let you walk out [8D]
You'd think that wouldn't ya? But you'd be wrong. Here in the VA/DC area, they're charging at least $5k over the last I looked, and if you try to budge on that they laugh you out of the dealerships. When I bought mine, I drove 2.5 hours to DE to buy from a friendly REASONABLE dealer. After haggling with the local dealer for more than a month (and attempting to buy twice at a reasonable price), I told them I was driving to DE to pick up a comparable car, AT STICKER. They told me I was a liar, and that I had no idea what I was talking about (not the first time I'd heard this from them). I told them that if they would sell for $1k over sticker, I'd take it just to save me the time of driving to DE and back. They basically told me to go to hell. So I drove in there the next day with my car and had a few choice words with them. They were pissed, but at the same time they really didn't care because they ended up selling the one I had been interested in over that same weekend and getting the $5k markup.

Do we have every reason to hate the dealers? Yes, yes we do. However, who you should really hate are the idiots who are paying the markup. They ruin it for everyone. Jackass dealers like my local one are buying the GTs from other dealers who sell at sticker or below just so they can sell with the markup. Why? Because some numb-nuts will pay it. Until that stops, most dealers won't care about the customers. If you don't like that sort of treatment, use your wallet and your word of mouth to stick it to them.
I have one local dealer where I live. They sold to me at $150 over invoice. They would not sell a car for over sticker and they would not sell the car to another dealer. They think it is not right to gouge the working man for all they got like alot of the dealers in the big cities. There are a few good dealer in the big city but they are far and few.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:59 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28hopup
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer in Delaware did you buy your Mustang from? I'm live in Delaware, and I shopped around with four local dealers before finding my Oh Five...
No prob. I've pimped them quite a bit now in PMs from people, so I should probably just save myself the hassle and post it

Got mine at Winner Ford in Dover. They don't charge over sticker (or at least didn't a month ago). Reasonable, friendly place. My sales guy was Jason, finance was Thom, and the sales manager was Pete Tornoe. All good guys. They also have a few dealers, so they may be able to ship around for ya. Might be worth a shot. If it works out for you, tell 'em Mike DuVal recommended you
Old 07-19-2005, 07:39 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FlaBlackhawk

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you're originally from Arlington Heights... but not there anymore? You got smart!
Most of my family is in the Frankfort area of IL (the smart ones moved to better weather), and I'd bet $$$ that after visiting me next week, they will return home and gladly pay 10K over MSRP... (that was a joke, no flame intended...)
PS I paid MSRP here in LA.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:46 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ChewbaccaD Date 7/19/2005 3:59:24 PM

Got mine at Winner Ford in Dover...
Winner Ford in Newark was where I ended up (which is literally within walking distance from home). I could have bought an 05 from another local dealer which I have bought several Fords from over the years. The deal on V6's was the same from them as from Winner, but the other guys wanted $3-5K over sticker from me for a GT, whereas Winner did not. Even though I bought the V6, I went with Winner because they were being fair on the GT's. Plus, when I looked on Ford's website and tracked down my particular car to be delivered to Winner (which was EXACTLY what I wanted), I knew I'd be peeling a Winner decal off my trunklid rather than another dealer's.

Thanks for sharing, Mike.

Quick Reply: Currie Motors - Frankfort, Illinois $10k over MSRP