Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Auxiliary Jack Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
gnutts
1st Gear Member

Default Auxiliary Jack Problems

Hi everyone, Just got a used 2007 Mustang GT and plugged my Ipod into the auxiliary jack...to my surprise it did not work. The screen tells me to contact sirius radio. How do I get the auxiliary jack to switch off from satalite radio and connect to my ipod? When I press the aux button, it just scrolls through the different sat stations. I called sirius and they had no idea what i was talking about. Thanks!!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

This is the instructions from the owners manual, page 30:

6. Press AUX on the vehicle radio repeatedly until LINE IN appears in
the display.
You should hear audio from your portable music player although it may
be low.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../07musog1e.pdf
Old 12-02-2009, 09:30 PM
gnutts
1st Gear Member

Default No Go.

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. I cranked up the radio and ipod and scrolled through the auxiliary options which where sat 1, sat 2, and sat3. There was no line in or found. It's just silence and the screen reads "call sirius 1 800 XXXXXXX". I'm guessing the previous owner had a sirius player. I'm guessing I might have to rip the radio out and disconnect manually or something, or destroy my radio in the process.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If you didn't do what .boB mentioned above then turn in your man card. My neighbors 6 year old figured out he had to change the setting of the aux input to LINE IN.

Calling Sirius about it doubles your fine.

And if it STILL isn't working, check that your cable from the Ipod is working ok. Also try a different device with a different cable.

Last edited by Nuke; 12-02-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM
gnutts
1st Gear Member

I jacked up the volume, hit aux button, the screen says sat 1 with a picture of a satellite and to call sirius, i hit the aux button again, it says sat 2 with a picture of a satellite and call sirius, i hit aux again and is says sat 3 with a picture of a satellite and to call sirius, i hit aux again and it starts back at sat 1, There is no "line in" option. The radio's volume is all the way up and so is the ipod. The cord works in my other car. I could press the aux button all night but the **** is not going to work...so before you start talking ****...read the post.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a defective radio........ Line In should come after SAT 3.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Unless the module is not configured right...
Back to the stealership for you...
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

Before you take it back to the dealership, try unhooking the battery to reset the memory in the radio. Definately a software problem in the radio.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

its gatta be bad programing with the Shaker radio. i do NOT have the XM/Sirius radio built-in and my "AUX" button toggles from "LINE IN" to regular radio. i would consult the dealer.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 PM
gnutts
1st Gear Member

I agree with all the posts so far about being bad programming. I unplugged the battery for 15 min. today to see if it would reset but it didn't work. I took apart the center console to check the wiring and it all looked good. I guess the last thing would be to pull the stereo and check it out. I took the easy way out and just picked up an FM transmitter for the ipod. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Jack Problems