Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Auxiliary Jack Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:13 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Mr.Ski
Before you take it back to the dealership, try unhooking the battery to reset the memory in the radio. Definately a software problem in the radio.

NEGATORY
You will loose all your PCMs adaptive learning if you
unhook the battery. Not good as you will have to
follow the relarning procedure in the Owners manual.
Instead, try pulling ALL the fuses for the Shaker.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 PM
FalcorBlue

I am currently having this VERY SAME ISSUE. I have an '08 Mustang that I bought brand new about 4 years ago. The "Line In" option always appeared and I played my iPod with bliss! All of a sudden, the "Line In" isn't showing up when I hit the AUX button on my center dash. It's the same as above, 3 options for Satellite Radio and their phone number show up. I realize this isn't a Satellite Radio issue, but some sort of electrical malfunction. I've tried a different connector, pushing every button and even thought about killing the battery & restarting the car (but never did) to reset everything - the damn thing is a mystery! I stopped by a couple of different dealerships while I was out on the road and one guy told me he needed to connect my iPod (which I didn't have with me) for the "line in" to show up... (yeah, OK.) And another guy (who did not even want to look at my ipod or extra line) wanted me to pay $100 before he could take a look and tell me what was wrong (SURE, let me write you a check!) DOES ANYONE have any clues as to why my Aux "Line In" option suddenly disappeared and how I can get it to COME BACK!?!?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:28 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Do a full radio dignosis and see if any DTCs come up?

Just like Ford would do it at the stealership.
Its not a mystery if you are full informed.

(bookmark the service manual URL)

Last edited by 157dB; 10-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Rodman954

Question Shaker 500 AUX - LINE IN not displaying

Same issue on my 2007 today....ever figure it out?

Originally Posted by FalcorBlue
I am currently having this VERY SAME ISSUE. I have an '08 Mustang that I bought brand new about 4 years ago. The "Line In" option always appeared and I played my iPod with bliss! All of a sudden, the "Line In" isn't showing up when I hit the AUX button on my center dash. It's the same as above, 3 options for Satellite Radio and their phone number show up. I realize this isn't a Satellite Radio issue, but some sort of electrical malfunction. I've tried a different connector, pushing every button and even thought about killing the battery & restarting the car (but never did) to reset everything - the damn thing is a mystery! I stopped by a couple of different dealerships while I was out on the road and one guy told me he needed to connect my iPod (which I didn't have with me) for the "line in" to show up... (yeah, OK.) And another guy (who did not even want to look at my ipod or extra line) wanted me to pay $100 before he could take a look and tell me what was wrong (SURE, let me write you a check!) DOES ANYONE have any clues as to why my Aux "Line In" option suddenly disappeared and how I can get it to COME BACK!?!?
Old 11-26-2016, 07:06 AM
Skr

Default Same problem

Hey, I have the same problem as you in my new mustang and I wanted to know if you could fix it. for explain to me how to fix the
Mine please
Old 05-05-2020, 02:16 AM
Qns.Stang

Default I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE !!!

Originally Posted by gnutts
Hi everyone, Just got a used 2007 Mustang GT and plugged my Ipod into the auxiliary jack...to my surprise it did not work. The screen tells me to contact sirius radio. How do I get the auxiliary jack to switch off from satalite radio and connect to my ipod? When I press the aux button, it just scrolls through the different sat stations. I called sirius and they had no idea what i was talking about. Thanks!!
Hey man, I have the same exact issue, did you ever get to a solution?