Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

4.6 stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 AM
08nastygt
1st Gear Member

Default 4.6 stroker kit

I am going to be turboing my car this year. I then started to throw around the idea of maybe getting forged internals so I started looking. I knew that some people on here had the stroker kit,so my question is. Is it actually worth the extra 500 bucks to do the stroker kit. Or would it be better to just get the regular forged internals and buy some cams or something. I have never seen a dyno graph or anything of the stroker kit. So any input would be appriciated, Thank you.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

there's a few guys running 298ci forged
stroker kits. hopefully one of them will
give you some input.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:09 AM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

are you cheap.. i can help only help if you got money to do things right.. what hp you looking for? daily driver? do you care about rattles? and noise? or do you just want a number.. more like a dyno queen..
Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 AM
08nastygt
1st Gear Member

I'm not lookin cheap I wanna do it right. I just seen a few kits one being from Blow By for $2,500. My car isn't my daily driver either. Usually drive it on the weekends and twice through the week. I was lookin for in the 500s with the turbo and forged, without the forged internals I wanna stay around 450.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:09 AM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08nastygt
I'm not lookin cheap I wanna do it right. I just seen a few kits one being from Blow By for $2,500. My car isn't my daily driver either. Usually drive it on the weekends and twice through the week. I was lookin for in the 500s with the turbo and forged, without the forged internals I wanna stay around 450.
you don't need forged internals if you want to stay in 450hp.. your super sharge or turbo kit will do that.. try the hellion kit.. for the turbo.. if you want a bottom end complete try JPC or MMR some of the best bottom ends in the world..

Last edited by mike castaldo; 12-13-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:17 AM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

give me a price range to stay in ill find you somthing nice.. kits can run 2,500 all out kit and bottom end 4,700 and up.. if you do it yourself more money. why cause you don't get everything you should get in a kit.. just fyi.. i say spend upper 5,000 and been done with it..
Old 12-13-2009, 08:21 AM
08nastygt
1st Gear Member

Well if I get forged internals I would go way over 450hp. I would crank the boost up a good bit and shoot for almost 600. Say I only wanted to do like 3gs would that get me something nice or not so much. By the way thanks for the help.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:26 AM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

$2,099.99
Description
Custom Livernois Forged Steel Stroker Crankshaft
Livernois Exclusive Mahle 3-Valve Forged Pistons
Mahle Rings, Locks, and Wrist Pins
Livernois Exclusive Manley H-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts
Clevite Tri-Armor Coated Bearings
Limited One Year Warranty

* All Rotating Assemblies are Balanced and include MAHLE Pistons and Manley H-Beam Rods engineered EXCLUSIVELY for Livernois Motorsports

Note: Does NOT include main bearings. Please call and specify which block you have to order main bearings.

Clevite Tri-Armor Coated Bearings reduce friction and increase durability
Livernois Exclusive Mahle Custom Pistons have thicker ringlands and cross section than any piston on the market for big boost and power
Custom Livernois Rod designed in conjunction with Manley is now industry standard
Livernois Forged Steel Crankshaft good to 1200+ HP and modified on Livernois in-house CNC for enhanced oiling under extreme loads and RPM

Products are built in climate controlled clean rooms so all specs are consistent
During the build process, each step is checked and rechecked to ensure proper assembly
Each shortblock includes a detailed verification and spec check sheet

More shortblock combinations and specific power adder applications than anybody on the market
We ask you to compare our shortblocks against the competition

Livernois Motorsports shortblocks are put through grueling test sessions on the dyno where our stroker engine package was first developed. Then hours of rigorous track testing was done to make sure we had a bulletproof package.

100s of hours of development and testing
100s of hours of cylinder finish development with state of the art Mitutoyo Profilometer to come up with a Livernois Exclusive honing system and finish that seals better and makes more power as well as controls oil and extends ring life
Lighter weight pistons than anybody in the industry for better RPM capability
Grafal coated Mahle pistons and phosphate coated ringlands and pin boss reduce friction and are standard in every Livernois Motorsports shortblock
Thicker tool steel wrist pin than any other piston manufacturer on the market is standard in every shortblock
Every block is race prepped by hand and is throughly deburred
Block oiling system modified for better oil flow and more consistent pressure under extreme conditions
Tighter tolerances (+/- .00015) than anybody in the industry

Every Livernois Motorsports built Rotating Assembly or Short Block is assembled by hand with the utmost attention to detail. Balanced and blueprinted with strict tolerances for quality, reliability, and performance unmatched in the industry! Livernois Motorsports has taken its experience in building winning race engines and applied that to its own line of performance engines for street/strip applications. From deburring and radiusing the blocks and pistons, down to the environmentally controlled clean room assembly procedures, Livernois Motorsports is confident that it is providing the customers with the highest possible quality in every engine that is built!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:30 AM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

$4,799.99
Description
Balanced and Assembled

New Aluminum Production Block
Custom Livernois Forged Steel Crankshaft
Livernois Exclusive Mahle Forged Pistons
Mahle Rings, Locks, and Wrist Pins
Livernois Exclusive Manley H-Beam Rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts
Clevite Tri-Armor Coated Bearings
ARP Main Studs
No Core Charge
Limited One year Warranty

Clevite Tri-Armor Coated Bearings reduce friction and increase durability
Livernois Exclusive Mahle Custom Pistons have thicker ringlands and cross section than any piston on the market for big boost and power
Custom Livernois Rod designed in conjunction with Manley is now industry standard
Livernois Forged Steel Crankshaft good to 1200+ HP and modified on Livernois in-house CNC for enhanced oiling under extreme loads and RPM

Products are built in climate controlled clean rooms so all specs are consistent
During the build process, each step is checked and rechecked to ensure proper assembly
Each shortblock includes a detailed verification and spec check sheet

More shortblock combinations and specific power adder applications than anybody on the market
We ask you to compare our shortblocks against the competition

Livernois Motorsports shortblocks are put through grueling test sessions on the dyno where our stroker engine package was first developed. Then hours of rigorous track testing was done to make sure we had a bulletproof package.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Wow...I think we got a little off of this guys questions.

08Nasty, basically the stroker kit will take your 4.6L and turn it into a 5.0L. And it is still forged. Basically a 5.0L will give you more HP than a 4.6L if you run them at the same boost level. Bigger displacement = More HP. However, since you would be going forged either way, you could turn the boost up a little more to compensate for the non-stroker.

Personally, if I were going through that much trouble, I would go with the stroker kit. One, it ups your displacement, making it easier to pick up more HP...and two, I would put a stencil on the back of mine saying "Stroked and Blown"...because I'm naughty and think that's funny. The perfect thing for an 08NastyGT

Quick Reply: 4.6 stroker kit