Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Loving the Sound Induction Tube!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:29 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Thx... was a PITA taking it, though!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Last edited by 6+6 Stang; 01-13-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Edge35

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for the info, guys! It's refreshing to be able to post a question on a message board and get real answers, not just a "figure it out, douche!" type of reply. Especially when it's your first post.

Last edited by Edge35; 01-14-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:33 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Can anyone post an opinion of how good/bad/loud/etc the intake sound is without the foam plug? Does it sound better or just louder or both?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Dew have you pulled yours and put back in and tested?..........Speaking of sound, I see a lot of people have replaced stock Stereo speakers in theier new cars? I saw awesome GT at Best buy last week, had a 150.00 Gift certif. and was thinking about speaker upgrade, the GT belonged to the installer at Best buy and actually taked me out of that upgrade, he stands by the shaker is fine as is, waste of $$ removing what you have, glad I ran into him and after downloading Fast and Furious soundtrack to my ipod, man, sounds great, sticking with stock on that.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
Dew have you pulled yours and put back in and tested?..........Speaking of sound, I see a lot of people have replaced stock Stereo speakers in theier new cars? I saw awesome GT at Best buy last week, had a 150.00 Gift certif. and was thinking about speaker upgrade, the GT belonged to the installer at Best buy and actually taked me out of that upgrade, he stands by the shaker is fine as is, waste of $$ removing what you have, glad I ran into him and after downloading Fast and Furious soundtrack to my ipod, man, sounds great, sticking with stock on that.
I'm gonna completely disagree with the Best Buy worker...and I think many people here will as well. The Shaker 500 speakers are not that great...I've heard a lot of high end sound systems, I have had higher quality speakers in my cars, and spend a lot of time researching audio equipment. The build quality and the actual sound quality for the mid and high's are not that good. Plain and simple. The lows...decent enough that I'm not gonna complain too much but will probably end up upgrading down the road anyhow.

Goto an audioshop, and take the same track into their sound room. Put on a decent set of speakers (nothing crazy expensive) and listen to the difference. You'd be amazed at the difference in quality, separation, etc.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

We'll just have to see then, I'll check it this weekend..
Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

I have not pulled the stock plug out of the sound induction tube. Was looking to hear from someone who had and see what they thought.

On the speakers - Change them. It makes a big difference. I just swapped in some Kenwood 6x8's and didnt change anything else. That alone made a world of difference. The big noticiable diff is in the mids and highs. The stock speakers sounded muddy in comparison.

The bass is fine for me, so I left the stock 8inch door subs alone.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jasezero
I'm gonna completely disagree with the Best Buy worker...and I think many people here will as well. The Shaker 500 speakers are not that great...I've heard a lot of high end sound systems, I have had higher quality speakers in my cars, and spend a lot of time researching audio equipment. The build quality and the actual sound quality for the mid and high's are not that good. Plain and simple. The lows...decent enough that I'm not gonna complain too much but will probably end up upgrading down the road anyhow.

Goto an audioshop, and take the same track into their sound room. Put on a decent set of speakers (nothing crazy expensive) and listen to the difference. You'd be amazed at the difference in quality, separation, etc.
I totally agree jasezero. Huge difference with better speakers. I think the Shaker is decent as a stock system but with just a little money (front speakers, sub if ya like) you can have something much better.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Who installed the Kenwoods and if you did give us a how to to pull the door off, and if a Pro does is it a simple task for them?

Quick Reply: Loving the Sound Induction Tube!