Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What comes with the Brenspeed saleen super shaker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default What comes with the Brenspeed saleen super shaker?

So i have been searching the forums for an answer to this and came up dry. i am in the process of picking a super charger. i have a local shop that can do an intercooler procharger d1-sc for about $5800 installed and dyno tuned. then i saw the super shaker. The catch is that the super shaker doens't have the typical description on the Brenspeed site. It doesn't say what the kit comes with, has anyone bought one tht can tell me if it comes with the tuner, plugs, boost a pump and all the swag that the other brenspeed kits come with? I won't pay that kind of money if its the SC only.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Get a hold of JDM, I think they sell upgrade kits to go along with the Supershaker and will be a better option to go with over Brenspeed on Saleen products.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:13 PM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

That kit comes from Saleen and I beleive it is rated just under 500hp at the flywheel. The tune is a little tame. You can put on a smaller pulley like a 3.4 inch and have a custom tune and that kit will rock.

Good luck,

Al

Last edited by AKRA; 01-09-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:35 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

So nothing but the charger then huh. Too bad its not one of brenspeeds normal full kits, that's more than i want to spend for the charger only.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:49 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

but look at it its dirty dirty sex all over
Old 12-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
So nothing but the charger then huh. Too bad its not one of brenspeeds normal full kits, that's more than i want to spend for the charger only.
Call JDM and talk to them... They had an insane deal over the summer. Never know what they may be offering now.

Also, buy used. I picked up a Blower, GT500 pump, 3.2 pulley, 39# injectors, metco idler pulley, JDM upgraded extreme elbow and CAI with a lightning MAF for $4200. I then found a brand new Supershaker conversion for $800. Making my out the door price $5000. I can then sell my old CAI and the JDM upgrade CAI and knock another $200-$400 off the price so I will be sitting at $4600-$4800 for the entire thing.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sadface
but look at it its dirty dirty sex all over
Yeah, and i have the Foose hood on my car, it woudl look so good. i wonder if the super shaker uses the same location for teh scoop as the CDC shaker. the foose hood has an indent underneath it ready to be cut out for one of those.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Yes it basically uses the same location. The CDC hole is a little bigger but the trim molding for the hole covers it.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boozshey
Yes it basically uses the same location. The CDC hole is a little bigger but the trim molding for the hole covers it.

Cool, i'll give JDM a shout and see what they can do. If it's complete and at a decent price I may bite. Do you have any idea what the "special" price you mentioned over the summer was? It's $6100 at Brenspeed, if i could gt it down to maybe $5500 i might get one.

And before anyone says it, i did look at Whipple, lol. I find their kit overpriced to be honest, $6400 for a full IC kit is just too much IMHO. I can get the intercooled procharger for the price of the non IC whipple. Hard to justify that price diff to me. I am considering KB though, their kit is priced right. I'm not convinced yet that the Procharger at $5,800 installed and tuned isn't simply the way for me to go (not to start another debate on TS vs centri).
Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

you gotta pay to play

The whipple/KB option is more expensive because it gives you full boost on demand....whether you're at 1000RPM or 6000RPM, whereas the procharger has to build into it's boost and is only making full boost near redline (similar to turbo, but it still causes a drag on the engine and eats HP). Whipple/KB are more efficient..

Quick Reply: What comes with the Brenspeed saleen super shaker?