Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

supercharged/turbo charged owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default supercharged/turbo charged owners

Just curious if once your blown...you brag about it Do you show on your car with the supercharged badges etc...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

I don't count do I?
Soon as I pull up people come asking me to pop the hood...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 AM
teedub
1st Gear Member

I don't. In fact I took the GT badge off of the front fender. No need for the young punk rice burner drivers to know anything.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default supercharged

Originally Posted by teedub
I don't. In fact I took the GT badge off of the front fender. No need for the young punk rice burner drivers to know anything.
That's one reason I wasn't sure about it. I'm having custom badges made soon to replace the GT badge and wasn't sure if I should wait until I have a supercharger and put it on the badge(It's in the 1 year plan). I'm going with the classic look...High Performance 281. A supercharger would fall in that category anyway!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

I like the stealth look more...I'm more with teedub...don't let em know what you're workin with. I love my car though and am not going to take my badges off. However, I'm in the interesting position that most people believe that mine is a fake....
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I'm not really in leery graphics or badges. Despite that I felt I HAD to do something to celebrate my new blower so started out with a semi-cryptic GT-281SC on the side stripe.

Unfortunately there are only a few people walking on the planet who recognize the 281 reference and, somewhat unbelievably, I include fellow Mustang GT owning show'n'shiners in that. The "SC" was equally a stretch too far for most everybody.

(Given the complexity of most personalized license tags I didn't think my little sequence was too tough to grasp but there you go)

So anyway I ditched it entirely, removing any reference to the motor/blower in total.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
teedub
1st Gear Member

I even took off my door handles...more stealthy.

Last edited by teedub; 02-09-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default handle

Originally Posted by teedub
I even took off my door handles...more stealthy.

I love that look.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

I like to keep things stealthy, which is why I went with the Foose hood and a nice/clean E-force tucked under it. Thought about some custom badges, but I think shaving the fender badges would flow better anyhow. And when I do pop the hood, many don't even recognize the blower... especially with the stock airbox, but that may need upgrading to help with my 11 second goal this summer
Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default clean look

Originally Posted by Doogie65
I like to keep things stealthy, which is why I went with the Foose hood and a nice/clean E-force tucked under it. Thought about some custom badges, but I think shaving the fender badges would flow better anyhow. And when I do pop the hood, many don't even recognize the blower... especially with the stock airbox, but that may need upgrading to help with my 11 second goal this summer
Love that clean look. I just have a couple small exteriors things to finish up and then I'm focusing on the blower. The wife factor is playing into the wait.
I think the badge by billet badges will give it just a little more of a custom look for me.

Quick Reply: supercharged/turbo charged owners