Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock E-force; Brenspeed or JDM ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Default Edelbrock E-force; Brenspeed or JDM ?

Hey Guys,

I'm dead set on buying the E-force S/C for my car.
I'm still in between who to buy from.
It's a race between JDM and Brenspeed.

http://www.brenspeed.com/efstage1.html
http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_...32&cPath=35_85

I want the GT500 fuelpump and aluminium covers with my kit. If i add that to my cart at brenspeed, it totals almost 500bucks more than JDM. I've had good experience with Brenspeed in the past, but i dont want to spend anything unnecessary. I've never bought from JDM before. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:05 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I got mine from JDM. They can be slow getting you a tune (quality, price, speed - pick any two ya know) because they are very busy. Overall I am very happy with them and they are my first choice for any needs I have. Good experience there.

That JDM link you posted is exactly what I bought. They say 475 rwhp for that kit, but it will probably only get you 450rwhp with their (conservative) email tune. I think a dyno tune could get you 475rwhp. I'm running their email tune and I'm happy with the power.

My only problems came from being an early adopter last year and getting a few things messed up from Edelbrock.

But Brenspeed or JDM - I think you cannot go wrong with either one.

Last edited by shanec; 02-18-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:09 PM
white_lightning
2nd Gear Member

FYI - the pricing from Edelbrock on all kits went up about 500$ on FEb 1st 2010. I know Brenspeed just updated their pricing a couple of days ago the stage 2 went from 6450 to 6750. I don't know if JDM has increased their price online...maybe they have old stock that they can sell at the old price.

I know thats not really your question; but you might want to call them first to see if that price they show online is still in effect. I don't have any experience with JDM or Brenspeed.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

JDM was at the races a lot of times when I needed technical advice or tune revisions. I guess they a have a few cars/trucks that they race But their tunes were great.And when I did get to talk to Jim Senior he was very very helpful and usually did a revision while we were on the phone.Isn't he moving to Texas or something?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daryl06
JDM was at the races a lot of times when I needed technical advice or tune revisions. I guess they a have a few cars/trucks that they race But their tunes were great.And when I did get to talk to Jim Senior he was very very helpful and usually did a revision while we were on the phone.Isn't he moving to Texas or something?
OMG - somebody gimmie the scoop on that! I could so drive to Texas for a dyno tune. No way in the world I could drive from MS to NJ to do that today.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I just talked to Jim Jr about that. Jim Sr has a house in the Houston area and wants to open a shop down there. Probably in the timeframe of a year or so.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Go JDM, Brenspeed does tune cars good, but save the $500. You can always get a mail order tune from them down the road if you want. Also, I see every other kit on ebay and shops with the aluminum covers included in the already hefty price and Brenspeed tries selling them as an add on. Go JDM and save money.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:50 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

The covers are included in Edelbrock's 1580 kit. The tuner kit, which is what JDM is selling, doesn't include them....or maybe it does but you can deduct some price and not get the covers I don't remember.

I know JDM's kit is flexible. For example, I didn't have to pay for an xcal because I already had one.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Yea, JDM was flexible on part options when I called and talked with Jim Sr. I was actually pretty impressed with the price on what I was looking for. I just have a big decision I'm trying to make. Saleen or E force? The Saleen is considerably less expensive and I'm trying to weigh my pros and cons. Also, if I go nuts and possibly add an aluminator shortblock?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

At the time I bought mine, Saleen had recently made that announcement that they weren't supporting anything or honoring any warranties for stuff purchased prior to some date (Jan 2009 I think). Saleen had just been bought out and the new owner was absolving themselves of all previous Saleen liabilities.

Screw that. That's not a company I wanted to do business with.

Once Saleen was eliminated, I chose E-Force over a Whipple because I like that the E-Force is pretty quiet. Not much whine at all. Also liked the huge intercooler & heat exchanger.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-force; Brenspeed or JDM ?