Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Extreme Exhaust on!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

thats on my list of things to do... I can't wait to get it... I'm just worried about pissing the neighbors off
Old 03-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Glad you like yours, and yes I love mine. I sometimes come home from work at 11pm and worry about the neighboors closest to my garage, but they haven't complained yet. Hopefully they are heavy sleepers. lol
Old 03-24-2010, 09:13 AM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

I'm wondering: For those of you with a tune, did you have to have it adjusted specific to this exhaust.

I'm guessing it can be bolted to a stock car with no problems, but I'm wondering if a Tillman or Brenspeed tune would have to be modified.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cidsamuth
I'm wondering: For those of you with a tune, did you have to have it adjusted specific to this exhaust.

I'm guessing it can be bolted to a stock car with no problems, but I'm wondering if a Tillman or Brenspeed tune would have to be modified.
No, the custom tune does not need to be modified for axle-backs.

The only tune modifications for exhaust, according to Brenspeed, is for turning off O2 sensors for O/R mid-pipes and sensor changes for long tube headers. They said in a recent email that there is no change in the tune for shorty headers and that "[w]e do not make a change for long tubes other than some sensor things."

HTH
Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
untamestang
1st Gear Member

What's the drone like? Please chime in everyone that has it on a 2010 GT or if you have experience with this system on someone's 2010 GT.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

With no radio on, you are going to seem some drone at about 2000 RPM. Its not too bad in my opinion. If I didn't want to hear the exhaust I would not have bought this one. Plus the downshift burble and the WOT wail is well worth some drone. If you thought it was that bad, you could always just throw some sound deadening on the car.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

I briefly had some SSS Adrenaline axlebacks on mine. Sounded fantastic outside the car. But inside there were literally rattles. Not the exhaust itself but the noise was causing buzzing in the interior body panels like with a subwoofer. Awful! Does this happen with this exhaust? It sure does look nice.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:48 PM
VA Raptor

In 5th gear starting at about 1800 RPM under a load it will drone to about 2400 RPM. If you have a manual transmission it's easy to not ever have drone, but with an auto not so much. I need to go out a bit later, so if I remember I'll take my GoPro camera with me and take a short video of the drone. It really is not that bad at all IMO though and the sound of the exhaust is so worth it.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

am thinking of getting that too. but is it too loud inside th cae like noisy loud or its just perfect?
have you guys tried the borla catback?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:54 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by M7MDGOTHICA
am thinking of getting that too. but is it too loud inside th cae like noisy loud or its just perfect?
have you guys tried the borla catback?
My friend has the borla on his 2008 GT and you can barely tell it's got an exhaust, its really quiet. I'd assume its going to be the same for a 2010.

Quick Reply: Roush Extreme Exhaust on!