Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Any more surprises?...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Vyle

Default Any more surprises?...

Just got some Comp Cams ***** Thumpr's installed, sound great, but, and I completely didnt think of it, now I got vacuum problems at idle. I know, I know. Anyway, got a canister and pump coming from Comp Cams, should take care of the issue, however, am I missing anything else? Any more nasty (costly) surprises headed my way that anyone knows about? Would appreciate the heads up, so I can prepare ahead of time, vice finding out then waiting longer to get my car back on the road, thanx ahead of time...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

I think you need some kinda check valve to help hold the vacuum in the brake booster since with the cams you don't get a lot of vacuum anymore, not 100% sure though. you could give a place like brenspeed or lethal a call though, they'll know exactly what you need.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Vyle

Default thanx...

a lead...yes, a check valve of sorts, reverse? to keep vacuum in, a bit of a paradox, but makes sense, kinda bizzarro world.

I got my tune for the cams from Brenspeed, they seem like good folk, I'll give it a try. Appreciate the tip.

Does anyone know if the Ford Racing cams drop vacuum as well? Did I miss a crucial bit of info before I went the Thumpr route? I mean, too late to back out now, with the $$$ investment so far, but, perhaps someone else might benefit, mind you, I love the sound, I'll get it on the dyno once I've got my brakes working again, and tuned up right and proper, so, there will be a few numbers I can put up for info, but some info on whether the Hot Rod cams do the same would be quite interesting.......