Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking for CMCV Deletes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy Looking for CMCV Deletes

Hey all, something hasn't been feeling right lately. Poking around under the hood last night I found that I had a bit of a boost leak where the upper intake bolts to the heads. No doubt from when I changed my alternator, I botched it and got some dirt on the gaskets or something. Anyway, in my typical fashion, I can't fix something without breaking something else and this time its two of the intake bolts. I wasn't planning on this right now but I figure if I have to take it all apart again I might as well do delete plates too. Does anyone know of a shop around the Chicago area that might stock these. There used to be a few places that had Mustang stuff like this on the shelves, but I don't think they are around anymore.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

They usually pop up in the classifieds every week or so. You can also buy the billet version from brenspeed or something. Btw is there an update on those gauge covers you made a while back?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I did finally present the idea to my employer. I got the green light to go ahead and produce some with the intent to sell. I wanted to keep it legit with them. They even offered the use of our company website to handle the transactions, which I didn't expect. I have been really busy and the project fell off my radar, but I have been spending some time messing with some new design ideas. Stay tuned, I should have something soon. Maybe even a prototype for someone willing to be a guinea pig and tear apart their cluster! Right now I am more concerned with getting my intake fixed up and back on the road!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

okay cool, Thanks for the update
Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Casey4s
2nd Gear Member

I just bought a set of the Steeda "Economy" deletes from: Downs Ford in NJ, for $149.99.

http://thefordsource.com/store/motor...otorsports.htm
Old 06-12-2010, 02:05 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol damn, what the heck did you do?

how did you break two of the intake manifold bolts?? hopefully it's nothing serious, like a crack in the head.. that would suck bawls.

check out ebay for saleen delete plates.. got mine for $89 but the serial numbers were scribbed off rofl.. they work and look great!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

I guess I'll add on to this thread o' mine, rather than start anew.

So I eventually did pick up a set of CMCV Delete plates from a forum member. I am aware that the tuning must be modified to utilize this mod correctly. I have read where some people have CMCV delete as an unlocked option on their SCT. I inquired with my tuner and he says a complete re-tune is necessary? I don't really want to put the plates on and have to tow my car over an hour away to get a tune done.