Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2011 Mustang Advice wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Default 2011 Mustang Advice wanted!

Hey everybody! It's definite that I'll be purchasing new baby in the next week or so, with it coming in around 6 weeks (have to custom order it).

So before I go in to do final negotiations on a price, I wanted to know if I could get some advice from you guys. I'm very new to the whole haggling the price down system and so I don't want to get completely overcharged.

I priced everything out on Edmunds to get a feel for MSRP vs. Invoice and it boils down to this.

The MSRP of the configuration I'll be purchasing comes out to Just around $35,050. (This is a mustang GT premium.) The invoice of the vehicle is $31,981.

Where do you guys think I should be aiming to argue the price down to? All advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
mustanglover37
1st Gear Member

I don't know how much you can haggle but if you have a good amount of ford dealers near you your going to want to go to each one and tell them to do better on the price that the previous one gave you (This works the best when you have trade in). If you have a particular dealer you are going to want it from go back to them after you get all the offers and they will ussally beat your preivious quote by a BS amount of $40 or so.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ...GL!!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:21 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

You may have the same problem that the guys buying the 2005 models had in that the dealers will refuse to deal on the cars because so many many people want them.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 PM
dkontner

I know my dealer pretty dood and don't live in a big city. Everyone is allowed to make money, so they said 2k off MSRP and I jumped on it. Car is suppose to be here on Sunday, we'll see.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Try emailing several dealers through their Internet departments. Typically they stick close to invoice, $300-$500 over on popular models, or right at invoice on volume lines like the Focus/Fusion etc.
Shop around before driving in and putting down your deposit.

If you can get an X-plan PIN, you can pick up the car for right around invoice with no haggle.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 AM
slidai
1st Gear Member

I wet and test drove one and talked to the sales manager. He was telling me that most dealerships are going a couple grand over MSRP because of the demand.

Lucky for me, i get the car for 200 more then dealer cost since i work for the company.

GT Premium for 28,950
Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 PM
floridafordguy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Hey everybody! It's definite that I'll be purchasing new baby in the next week or so, with it coming in around 6 weeks (have to custom order it).

So before I go in to do final negotiations on a price, I wanted to know if I could get some advice from you guys. I'm very new to the whole haggling the price down system and so I don't want to get completely overcharged.

I priced everything out on Edmunds to get a feel for MSRP vs. Invoice and it boils down to this.

The MSRP of the configuration I'll be purchasing comes out to Just around $35,050. (This is a mustang GT premium.) The invoice of the vehicle is $31,981.

Where do you guys think I should be aiming to argue the price down to? All advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
you might want to check out www.truecar.com. You enter your configuration, and they'll show you average price paid in your area, plus what's a good deal and what's a great deal. You can check out nationwide, statewide, or local. Another neat feature is it shows how prices are trending; if they're trending down you may want to wait to place your order to get a better price. It's pretty nice, it's featured on Motor Trend's website too. Good luck with your dealing.

Last edited by floridafordguy; 06-18-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: add info
Old 06-18-2010, 05:34 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all of the advice in here!! I thought I should chime in and say that I think I came out in great condition.

I ended up adding a package onto what I had originally planned to give me a hood scoop, with a factory invoice of somewhere around $33600, I ended up being able to get the car for $33000 even definitely happy with how everything went.

Unfortunately now I'm completely dying to have these 6-8 weeks zip by xD
Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the purchase. Once you get it you MUST post pictures. Forum's rules I believe . . .

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang Advice wanted!