Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:10 PM
57hardtop

Thumbs up Thank you!

Just wanted to say thank you to all you guys in this forum and the forum itself. I just purchased an 06 GT and wanted to give it a tune up. She has 90k miles and I wanted to change the plugs. Without this forum I might of never know about the carbon build up issues and would of ended up with major problems. I followed all the instructions I found here and all the plugs came out intact. Had some stressfull moments but with some patience they all came out.

Thank you again and I'm sure it won't be last time you guys will save me.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

+1 on a great site. Congrats on a job well done.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 57hardtop
Just wanted to say thank you to all you guys in this forum and the forum itself. I just purchased an 06 GT and wanted to give it a tune up. She has 90k miles and I wanted to change the plugs. Without this forum I might of never know about the carbon build up issues and would of ended up with major problems. I followed all the instructions I found here and all the plugs came out intact. Had some stressfull moments but with some patience they all came out.

Thank you again and I'm sure it won't be last time you guys will save me.
Congrats on getting it done without drama... I agree with you on how invaluable this site is... awesome people with awesome cars... Helped me with my brakes already myself... I can't get enough.

I have an '05 and was planning on replacing my plugs... Which ones did you go with? Did you have the special tool incase any broke? If so, did you buy or rent it? Sorry for so many questions.
Don
Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Cool, more Texas stangs! Don, you're just up the road from me (Georgetown). Chris, where are you located?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:52 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
Cool, more Texas stangs! Don, you're just up the road from me (Georgetown).
tx_zstang... are you active in the MCA Austin Chapter? I see they have about 50 stangs in that group and was considering becoming a member... any input about the group?

Thanks,

Don
Old 07-10-2010, 09:33 AM
57hardtop

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I have an '05 and was planning on replacing my plugs... Which ones did you go with? Did you have the special tool incase any broke? If so, did you buy or rent it? Sorry for so many questions.
Don
I didn't have the tool I just thought if I had an issue I would go get one. I used the one piece champion plugs. I bought them on jegs about 30% cheaper than autozone. I ran about 3 tanks of gas through with a bottle of sea foam in each before attempting the job. Once I started I just took my time.

I'm in Dallas, a little jealous of you guys in the hill country. I went to school at St. Edward's in Austin and miss it every day.

Last edited by 57hardtop; 07-10-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 AM
57hardtop

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
tx_zstang... are you active in the MCA Austin Chapter? I see they have about 50 stangs in that group and was considering becoming a member... any input about the group?

Thanks,

Don
You guys need to Join the Texas Mf'ers on this site. They have a map started to keep track of all us Texans.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

This site rocks. Have gotten all my install advice here, cai, longtubes and cams. Great info and people.

The removal tool is $150 at Napa here on Maui, my goal is to NOT, have to purchase it.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

good story bro...