Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

USAA Price for 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
orgchem

Default USAA Price for 5.0

Did anybody here use the USAA car buying service to purchase their mustang?

It's supposedly a no-haggle price, and most of the dealerships around here accept it.

I optioned out a 2011 Mustang GT Coupe Base with 3.73 gears and the brembo brake package at 30,495. Switching to premium makes it 33695.

Decent deals?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:09 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

I took out an auto loan through USAA, but I didn't know of a car buying service. Now I kinda wished I had used that, but whats done is done, oh well.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
orgchem

Yeah; I would have had no idea about this if the customer service rep at USAA didn't tell me about it when I called (inquiring about changes in my car insurance with a new mustang). I normally get irritated when customer service reps tell me about other services their company offers... but this was actually useful. It's a little buried on their website, but it's there, and free for USAA members.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
derockgt
1st Gear Member

i personally didnt know about it when i bought my mustang, but someone i work with used it for buying a new F150 and got it for a major steal!!! saved around 9-8K (with dealer incentives). got all the bells and wistles too.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

The Base would be the better of the two deals as its roughly $200 Under Invoice vs $100 Over Invoice for the Premium (Including Holdback, FDAF and Fuel), Of course thats using Job 1 Pricing and before the $1000 Bonus Cash currently offered. I think their has been a small price increase for Job 2.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by orgchem
Yeah; I would have had no idea about this if the customer service rep at USAA didn't tell me about it when I called (inquiring about changes in my car insurance with a new mustang). I normally get irritated when customer service reps tell me about other services their company offers... but this was actually useful. It's a little buried on their website, but it's there, and free for USAA members.
Everything you do with USAA is a straight shot.
Those guys are the best, they rarely screw up.
I wish I could apply with them...
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

You don't really need to use the program to get the price. Although I am a bonafide USAA member, it seems to me that you can game the system by just going into a dealership and asking if they will honor the USAA price. That is all I have ever done. With that said I do live in very military area so it might be expected that everyone is able to get the discount. You can check the USAA price for any vehicle without even logging in. Here is the direct link: http://usaa2.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZUSA200078

I got my V6 Premium for $25795 plus TTT with no haggling and MSRP was supposed to be $27495. After everything was paid, I still paid less than sticker. It really streamlines the whole purchasing process, since haggling takes up most of the time. Also if you have good credit, just tell them your rate and they will probably find a bank that will beat your rate by at least a 1/4%. I was out the door and driving away within 90 minutes.

Last edited by hogasswild; 08-12-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:47 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

USAA is nice, but the Overseas Car Buying Program is better if you're, uh, deployed overseas.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:58 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Actually you'd be surprised that the USAA price would be better.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:37 PM
blackonblack2007
1st Gear Member

I would have but unfortunately their car buying program doesn't have any dealers on Oahu. Even then though, the financing deal I got thru Ford Credit on my '10 was unbeatable by any bank/credit union (1.9% APR for 72)

pascal,
If you are a veteran they now allow veterans to join USAA instead of having to be active duty like it was when I joined.

Quick Reply: USAA Price for 5.0