Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
ohaern89

I've seen these , on my neighbors car . It came that way from the dealer / factory . Its a 2007 V-6 " BOSS" package . It seems to be nothing more than a stripe / rim combo thingy , still has single exhaust. Nothing special performance wise.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Na there not hub caps. To be honest with u guys i dont like them but i got them for free through i guy at my work ( i no i said i got em from a buddy) but anything was better then my machined finish stock 17s. But so im still confused idk if there mustang wheels or not
Old 08-18-2010, 04:09 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ohaern89
I've seen these , on my neighbors car . It came that way from the dealer / factory . Its a 2007 V-6 " BOSS" package . It seems to be nothing more than a stripe / rim combo thingy , still has single exhaust. Nothing special performance wise.
i searched that v6 boss all over the internet and couldnt find one. idk if its me or....
Old 08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

SLcustomsgtcs..... how did u get the picture up like that....
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I remember them now. They were part of the v6 mustang appearance package. It included rear blackout panel, side scoops, hood scoop, hood graphics, black pedestal spoiler, chin spoiler, and those chrome rims. So yes they are a factory mustang rim.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CWyler
they cant be hubcaps, look at the ton of weights on the inside lip.
The weights are the first thing I noticed. That's a ton of weights needed for that wheel. All wheels need to be balanced some, but that's just crazy. If they need that many weights, there's probably no way they're balanced perfectly.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

good catch guys, didn't notice the weights...
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 AM
SLCustomsGTCS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by football7star21
SLcustomsgtcs..... how did u get the picture up like that....
I followed the link in that you posted in your original post to your Photobucket account.

and got the code from that page.

look for the area I screen shotted above. then copy the information out of the IMG text box(next to the highlighted area). Then you can past that in to your post.

the code would look like this with out the *

[IMG*]http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy341/SLCustomsGTCS/sharethis.jpg[*/*IMG]
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM
SLCustomsGTCS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Misbehavin
The weights are the first thing I noticed. That's a ton of weights needed for that wheel. All wheels need to be balanced some, but that's just crazy. If they need that many weights, there's probably no way they're balanced perfectly.
Ive got a ton of weights on the inside of mine behind one of the arms. I assumed it was to counter the TPMS sensor cause I know they are exactly opposite were the sensor is.

not sure if thats the edge of them you can see there or not.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 AM
CruizinConceptsJohn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SLCustomsGTCS
Ive got a ton of weights on the inside of mine behind one of the arms. I assumed it was to counter the TPMS sensor cause I know they are exactly opposite were the sensor is.

not sure if thats the edge of them you can see there or not.

Yes, when you balance wheels with TPMS there is a little extra weight. Generally we try to keep it under 8oz total. Now on wheels like the Legends and Godspeed Omegas where there is a 5 spoke that shows the inside of the wheel, we use a procedure on our machine called "Behind Spoke" where it places all the weight where it can't be seen. It can sometimes require a little more, but it makes it where the weights aren't visible like the OP's wheel.