Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CruizinConceptsJohn
Yes, when you balance wheels with TPMS there is a little extra weight. Generally we try to keep it under 8oz total. Now on wheels like the Legends and Godspeed Omegas where there is a 5 spoke that shows the inside of the wheel, we use a procedure on our machine called "Behind Spoke" where it places all the weight where it can't be seen. It can sometimes require a little more, but it makes it where the weights aren't visible like the OP's wheel.
Interesting, never had to fool with TPMS so I would have never thought about that. Now I'm really glad I don't have to fool with those sensors. At least shops with sense, like yours, try to hide all the weights.

I love how the government continues to mandate safety equipment for all of us because some people are too damn lazy to do something like check their tire pressure on a routine basis.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

so u guys think i could get some of the wieghts removed.... i was planning on having thm balanced soon anyway
Old 08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by football7star21
so u guys think i could get some of the wieghts removed.... i was planning on having thm balanced soon anyway
If they're on the wheel, you need them to stay balanced. You don't want to ride around with unbalanced wheels, it can be bad for some of the suspension components and you'll likely notice a mild to bad shimmy at the wheel.

Let the shop you're going to remove the weights and rebalance them.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:00 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

another question... there 18s and theres bf goodrich 235/45s on there now anybody have an idea how wide the rim would be in inches
Old 08-21-2010, 11:22 PM
09whitestang

i have a question srry to put this on your thread but how do i make a new thread, im new to this forum and cant find where to make a new thread anywhere!!!! >=l can someone help me where do i go?!?!?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:29 AM
08 Mustangt[GT]

Originally Posted by SLCustomsGTCS

got your photo posted but I have never seen them.
Eww....
Old 08-22-2010, 04:30 AM
08 Mustangt[GT]

Originally Posted by 09whitestang
i have a question srry to put this on your thread but how do i make a new thread, im new to this forum and cant find where to make a new thread anywhere!!!! >=l can someone help me where do i go?!?!?
Click on the "New Thread" button on the top left hand corner of the forum