Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HIDKIT.com ? good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 AM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Default HIDKIT.com ? good?

has anyone ordered form HIDKIT.com im sure there a good company but i was wandering about the product... its 149.99 i think for the bixenons.

anyone have these/?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I have never purchased anything from that particular vendor, but I can only share my experiences and recommendations:

I would in a heart beat recommend Retro-Solutions for an HID kit.

I originally purchased my 5000k 35watt Bi-Xenon kit from VVME. Looked great, installed no problem and was inexpensive. I read alot of positive reviews so I went ahead and tried them... Fast forward 18 days and the passenger ballast was going out. It would not spark the bulb everytime I turned the lights on. Waste of money. Even though they have lifetime warranty, I would have to ship them off to China (if I remember the procedure correctly) on my dime, so I opted to try someone else...

I researched this topic like yourself and Retro-Solutions kept popping up... They were consistently highly recommended. I decided to call them to see what they had to say...

I spoke to Todd of Retro-Solutions and he took the time to answer all my questions, even making suggestions regarding the VVME kit. I didn't/couldn't do that with VVME... I confidently ordered the same spec kit from him, even though it was more expensive (but hey, it comes with a nice case, LOL). This is the kit I got. The light output of the bulbs are even between the bulbs (unlike the VVME ones), shine brighter than the VVME kit, and they come on EVERY time I turn the switch. If I have a problem he is only a phone call away. I have to admit, I should've just ordered from him in the first place. One other thing, Retro offers bulb capping if needed, but I think your 06 should have the bulb shields already... my 05 did.

There will always be defective units with any vendor, and maybe I was the unlucky one. However, I feel more comfortable knowing if I do have an issue I can get pick up the phone.

Good luck with whomever you decide to buy from. Hopefully others can give you the info regarding HIDKIT.com, but I had to share my recommendation of Retro-solutions.com.

Don
Old 09-15-2010, 03:26 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

thanks man thats real good feed back i will look into them