Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

07 GT whipple supercharger throttle response question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 04:40 PM
kellerk23

Default 07 GT whipple supercharger throttle response question?

I have a 07 GT automatic with a 400hp non-intercooled polished whipple supercharger. Everything else is stock and the question is that the throttle response is very bad on the go. When I drive the car it takes almost three seconds for the car to move anywhere. I was woundering if any one could tell me what might be going on? I called whipple and im talking to them right now and they are very helpfull but I was woundering if any one else has this problem and knows how to fix it.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 AM
07VistaChicago
2nd Gear Member

Get a tune...
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07VistaChicago
Get a tune...
X2. When I first got my Saleen installed i had there tune and it was very lacking. Custom tune will definitely fix your throttle response.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 PM
jimreinarts
2nd Gear Member

I think something else is going on, i have the 400hp ford tune and talked to two very well known custom tuners that both said the frpp 400 tune is very good, my throttle response is really good, that being said the advise that others have given you is true that both tuners i talked to agreed that they couldn't improve the tune that much but they can improve the throttle response . you have to be carefull with custom tuning the 400hp kit ,it can't take much more timing because ot the intake temps without the intercooler,
Old 09-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kellerk23
I have a 07 GT automatic with a 400hp non-intercooled polished whipple supercharger. Everything else is stock and the question is that the throttle response is very bad on the go. When I drive the car it takes almost three seconds for the car to move anywhere. I was woundering if any one could tell me what might be going on? I called whipple and im talking to them right now and they are very helpfull but I was woundering if any one else has this problem and knows how to fix it.
You need to be e little more specific. Does the engine rev and it goes no where? Does the car hesitate? Describe please.

One of the best thing a custom tune can do is make the drivability perfect. Sometimes it has nothing to do with making more power. Just easier to drive.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
kellerk23

when I push the gas pedal in park or driving it takes almost two or three seconds to move or for the engine to rev. It has the factory ford racing tune that came with the charger. And now I have noticed that my transmission is leaking small amount but still leaking. I don't even drive it hard. I mostly use it to take to car shows and get in to it every once and a while.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:57 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

sounds like you got tranny problems.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:14 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

do you hear a thunk in the tranny when you shift it into drive?
or does it take a moment for it to go into drive after you put in gear?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
07VistaChicago
2nd Gear Member

When it is taking these 2-3 seconds to move (which is a very long time), are the rpm's going up but the car not moving? or is it taking that long for the rpms to come up also?
Old 10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

it could be the throttle body. Take your intake apart and make sure the TB is clean and not sticking. clean the MAF with some MAF cleaner, and button up the intake and make sure the couplers are all tight and there are no leaks. Sounds like TB to me if you leave the car in park and it still takes 2-3 seconds to rev. Has it always done this since the install? or is it new?

Quick Reply: 07 GT whipple supercharger throttle response question?