Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BAMA 93Race tune snafu'd....WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 AM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Question BAMA 93Race tune snafu'd....WTF?

I am a recipient of the Tunes for Life program at AM for BAMA tunes and have been reluctant to run the 93 Race tune as a DD tune out of ignorance that it may mess up my hardware.....ie...transmission because of the potential aggressive shifting points, however, after getting a PM response from Chris Rose he assured me it was AOK.

I've been running the 93 Street tune without issue with my mods in my sig but after loading up the 93 Race tune the "warm up tables" seemed JACKED up.

The car, upon initial startup, will go directly to ~1200 rpms automatic choke(I guess this is what it has) like a normal warmup but not 2 seconds later it will ramp up to over 2,000 rpms and I immediately shut the car off for fear of racing the engine when cold. I thought this was just a one time fluke but it is definitely an issue that thus far, AM hasn't been able to resolve, again 93 Race file specific.

I know in Harley tuning with our Race Tuners, there is a Warmup Enrichment table that we adjust for our warmup phase, but I'm not sure WTF these cars have.

Anyone know what the issue could be while AM tries to figure it out? When I load up my 93 Street tune all is well so you would think they could copy and paste these tables from one to the other and all would be OK. Am I missing something?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Um.... with all do respect almost everybody with nice aggressive tune has a cold start idle of around 2K RPM, after 10 seconds or so it will fall to 1,500 and keep dropping every few seconds after that. It's very rare to have an aftermarket tune and have factory cold idle circuit RPM's
Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
Um.... with all do respect almost everybody with nice aggressive tune has a cold start idle of around 2K RPM, after 10 seconds or so it will fall to 1,500 and keep dropping every few seconds after that. It's very rare to have an aftermarket tune and have factory cold idle circuit RPM's
Thanks Spartaperf for the reply.

Damn though, it sounds and feels like it's racing the motor when it's cold, something of which I'm no fan of. It does ramp up and then start to come down but sheesh, it sounds like its beating a cold motor up.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:35 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
+1

It's normal behavior for race tunes. Just wait for it to idle down to a stable level before you go.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

its funny, my SCT tunes did that, but on dougs diablo tunes they are alot calmer
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Well after 3 freakin tries from BAMA tunes, on the 93 Race tune, IT'S WORSE!!!!!!!!!

The car revs to the moon now. Unfukkinbelievable.

I sent a PM to Chris Rose on Monday and still haven't heard a peep.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This absolutely SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 09-30-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Revs in neutral =/= revs in gear.

Revving the engine to 2k or even 3k RPM in neutral is not going to hurt the engine. Revving it to say, 6K might not be too fantastic for it, but 2 or 3 will be just fine. If the engine is not in gear, there is no load on it. Loading the engine up when it's cold is what ****s up bearings.

So stop worrying already. The engine's fine. My 200,000 mile SHO revs up to about 2500rpm on cold startup, and it's fine.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
jiga
2nd Gear Member

I am running the 93 racing tune from Bama on an automatic as well. When I first start the car it revs up to roughly 1500 rpm's for about 5 seconds, then drops to 1200, then once I put into drive drops down to 1000 I think.

I suppose you could just re-verify all of your mods, computer code, and any other information back to them.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jiga
I am running the 93 racing tune from Bama on an automatic as well. When I first start the car it revs up to roughly 1500 rpm's for about 5 seconds, then drops to 1200, then once I put into drive drops down to 1000 I think.

I suppose you could just re-verify all of your mods, computer code, and any other information back to them.
That's the way it's supposed to be. ANYTHING less is unacceptable and for anyone that thinks otherwise don't know **** about PROPER tuning.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 10-01-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:35 AM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Well after 3 freakin tries from BAMA tunes, on the 93 Race tune, IT'S WORSE!!!!!!!!!

The car revs to the moon now. Unfukkinbelievable.

I sent a PM to Chris Rose on Monday and still haven't heard a peep.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This absolutely SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
No offense, but instead of PM'ing the guy,waiting for him to sift through God knows how many messages in his inbox, and then getting pissed that he didnt respond right away, why not try and call him? He has his phone number and extension available, I am sure any other tech at AM would be glad to help you as well. Just sayin

Quick Reply: BAMA 93Race tune snafu'd....WTF?