Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CORSA after-cat exhaust+K&N intake????

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 10:48 PM
jetstang
1st Gear Member

Default CORSA after-cat exhaust+K&N intake????

2005 5 speed GT owner has ????. What does everybody think about the K&N intake!!! More importantly. There was an article in Mustang Monthly... About the Corsa Catback exhaust providing 14 more HP to the rear wheels. With the K&N intake claiming 15.5 HP to the rear wheels thats 30 more HP. Anybody agree or disagree, Are there better ways to go, to get More horse power the easy way!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:41 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CORSA after-cat exhaust+K&N intake????

As far as the K&N intake see the following thread.
https://mustangforums.com/m_659742/tm.htm

As far as the exhaust i doubt the hp claims, I'll refer you this thread. Specifically, scroll down and refer to the comments amde by "F1Fan"

https://mustangforums.com/m_622735/tm.htm

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/88677386DD764D5BA570797D151F6FA1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Not to mention it is not "additive"... you can't just add the claimed hp numbers up to get the total hp increase.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:49 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

Not to mention it is not "additive"... you can't just add the claimed hp numbers up to get the total hp increase.
yep 100% correct. HP cannot be added together in that fashion.

To original poster...with the combination or axle-back and intake...you *might* see 12hp without a tune...most of that is coming from the intake. You *might* see a couple of ponies from the corsas although I don't know anyone that's dynoed them so I can't say for sure. I have seen 2-3rwhp from Borlas first hand.

But a claim of 14rwhp from switching out mufflers is a little too high to be taken seriously, especially since the stock exhaust is not a restriction until about 400hp.

to put things into perspective, August (or was it July) issue of MM&FF tested 5 axle back exhausts on the 2005 Mustang GT...here were the results:

Magnaflows +2hp
Bassani +2hp
JBA +0hp
Ford Racing +0hp

and I can't remember the 5th tested...maybe flowmasters?? 1-2hp gain

Get the axle-backs for sound and not for unnoticeable gains (if any).

Old 08-21-2005, 04:15 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jetstang

Are there better ways to go, to get More horse power the easy way!!!!!!!!
The easiest way to get HP in a 2005 mustang gt is get a good intake like the C&L and a tune. You'll gain a proven ~25hp to the rear wheels from this combo. Really easy to install and a Flasher comes in handy when you take it back for dealer visits

OR

take out your vapor trap in the inlet tubing (do it yourself, takes a few minutes and its free hp) and get a tune. The tune itself can be worth 15-20 rwhp depending on how aggressive the tune is and the quality of gas that you can buy in your area. I've seen reports of of 5-8 rwhp from the removal of the vapor trap, but you must get a tune to re-adjust your maps or you will end up losing hp.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Sorry I would have to disagree because I took out my vapor trap almost first thing and I noticed a horsepower increase immediately. Now I don't think they are even come stock with them.
ORIGINAL: bahbahblacksheep

The easiest way to get HP in a 2005 mustang gt is get a good intake like the C&L and a tune. You'll gain a proven ~25hp to the rear wheels from this combo. Really easy to install and a Flasher comes in handy when you take it back for dealer visits

OR

take out your vapor trap in the inlet tubing (do it yourself, takes a few minutes and its free hp) and get a tune. The tune itself can be worth 15-20 rwhp depending on how aggressive the tune is and the quality of gas that you can buy in your area. I've seen reports of of 5-8 rwhp from the removal of the vapor trap, but you must get a tune to re-adjust your maps or you will end up losing hp.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:46 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Sorry I would have to disagree because I took out my vapor trap almost first thing and I noticed a horsepower increase immediately. Now I don't think they are even come stock with them.
ORIGINAL: bahbahblacksheep

OR

you took out your vapor trap and you didn't update the tune? The issue with this is that your butt dyno may be telling you that you gained power, but you don't know if it indeed has. Plus, you don't know how your engine is running. Your air/fuel is probably off. My own experience and all the literature out there on this topic says that you should get a tune if you remove the vapor trap. Anyways, if you haven't, and you are happy with the way your car runs then great.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Butt Dyno, Yeah Sweet. Have you heard that Michael Jackson has just written two new books? One is, "I've never hugged a parrot but I have kiss a **** or two" and the other is "The Ins and Outs of Child Rearing."
Old 08-22-2005, 03:10 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

LOL
Old 08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
jetstang
1st Gear Member

Default LOUD EXHAUST RRRRRMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I own a 2005 BLACK GT Mustang, 5 speed. HP is everything, BUT, What is the best catback exaust to buy, for loud, loud, loud, 1967-1970, exhaust sound, RRRMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF i cant chip it, I Will Roar like a angry Lion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Come on STANG 2005 GT owners, ///////cat back.... WHICH ONE? Looking for 1969 loud..........+ HP if possible.

Quick Reply: CORSA after-cat exhaust+K&N intake????