Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wow CAP Less gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 05:47 AM
drf
1st Gear Member

Had it on my 2010 Raptor and gas never bounced out.

Just make sure you have the little supplied "pee tube" around if you have to dump any gas in it from a can.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:04 PM
ElSuperPinto

My 2010 has it, and other than not being able to get every last drop of gas out of the nozzle after it shuts off like I used to... it's great.

I honestly don't know why all the manufacturers haven't gone to this, the aftermarket had a cap out there that worked the same way years ago, I bought one for my dad's Saturn he had at the time (he lost three gas caps on that thing, but never lost the gas cap on anything else he ever drove, go figure.)
Old 01-14-2011, 07:30 PM
1200bruce
1st Gear Member

I got the locking plug from Ford for mine!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

I just washed my wife's 5 month old Mustang & the left rear quarter paint has "stains" from gas leaking. I hand wash her car at least every 2 weeks if not every week and this is the worst I've seen it.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:57 AM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

amazing that more than one person remembers my favorite cartoons

although for me, they were all syndicated
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM
flynjay

The only thing that I don't like about it is I get a a water trail coming out of it all the time, they could have done the water drainage hole better.

As for the last couple of drips from the fueling nozzle, technique will stop that.
1. wait about 10 seconds from when the pump shuts of before pulling the nozzle out.
2. pull the nozzle out in one smooth action, any extra drops will clear the car and land on the pavement.

I haven't gotten gas on the paint for the past 8 months.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 AM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by flynjay
The only thing that I don't like about it is I get a a water trail coming out of it all the time, they could have done the water drainage hole better.

As for the last couple of drips from the fueling nozzle, technique will stop that.
1. wait about 10 seconds from when the pump shuts of before pulling the nozzle out.
2. pull the nozzle out in one smooth action, any extra drops will clear the car and land on the pavement.

I haven't gotten gas on the paint for the past 8 months.
I live in Oregon & it's against the law to pump your own gas. I think the gas station can get fine a $100 fine or something like that. They do let me put gas in my motorcycles though.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:06 AM
flynjay

Originally Posted by heslekrants
I live in Oregon & it's against the law to pump your own gas. I think the gas station can get fine a $100 fine or something like that. They do let me put gas in my motorcycles though.
That's fk'd up.

Do they hold it for you while you pee too? Maybe you should think about moving out of a hippy state.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Spdfreak
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1200bruce
I got the locking plug from Ford for mine!
Good idea. I once got into a fight with a kid in high school. I embarresed him badly. 2 days later, I wondered why my '71 Toyota pickup wasn't getting any fuel. Come to find out, he had come to my house in the middle of the night and dumped a box of Uncle Ben's into my tank! Luckily, my in-line fuel filter caught it before any damage was done, but I had to drop the tank and clean it out along with the fuel line.

So, for just a brief moment, I really DID have a "rice-burner!"

I've had locking gas caps ever since.

Last edited by Spdfreak; 01-18-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

You should sue the every living-S*** out of his ***. That is destruction of property, and he owes you the repair bill (or what would have been the repair bill if you dropped the tank yourself.)

Quick Reply: wow CAP Less gas tank