MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Porsche + Check engine light... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/630404-porsche-check-engine-light.html)

candymanjl 01-31-2011 05:35 PM

That's why you need boost, then you can give the Porsche the thumbs down ha ha.

TheDutchTexan 01-31-2011 08:38 PM

Yeah, I could shell out 8 grand for boost, or shell out less for bolt ons + visual appearance and have less worry that I'll blow the engine running a tad to lean while boosting.

Unless it's built for boost, I won't boost it.

candymanjl 02-01-2011 03:54 PM

Do whatever you're comfortable with. FWIW I've been boosted with 509whp on my stock motor for 11,000 miles now with zero problems.

808muscle 02-02-2011 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Justice (Post 7398209)
Yeah, I could shell out 8 grand for boost, or shell out less for bolt ons + visual appearance and have less worry that I'll blow the engine running a tad to lean while boosting.

Unless it's built for boost, I won't boost it.

Or you could have bought one of those m90 specials for $3800 with a very safe roush tune and not worry at all. Not to forget you just added enough HP to drop one second off your 1320 times!!

TheDutchTexan 02-11-2011 01:46 AM

Damn you all to hell...

I've been away from this board, learn about that M90 supercharger, check one of my older threads I forgot about and see someone posting about that very same supercharger...

I got a baby on the way, so I couldn't spring for that M90... 3800+~1k install (I am not that handy) would still be 4800... Besides, my car is bone stock, and I doubt the M90 would like the original exhaust system much.

But man, that supercharger whines like a mofo... exactly what I would want. And the power is conservative. I live by the 50% power increase = safe motto. The M90 fits that bill perfectly, and even with some supporting mods, will not go beyond that mark by much. I think it taps out at 500 crank... And that whine... silent under normal operation... but damn... wouldn't it be fun toying around with the unexpected... And that Porsche would have been toast... I want to go to the track with a ladyfriend, I would love to make it to the track without her even knowing there is a supercharger under there. Just drive gingerly so she doesn't hear it whine. And then just unleashing the beast for her token WTF moment at the strip. She's a gearhead, and owns a 2006 black GT with N/A boltons. She'd never let me live it down.

But I am going crazy here... besides, they are all sold out anyway. And the baby... and the need for a dull 4 door... No, not for me... But damn... If this deal would be around in July... I would know where I stood financially. And would most likely spring for it. If you could run it with original exhaust that is...

daredevil95 02-11-2011 10:26 AM

A baby seat fits nicely in the stang and when he/she is around 1yrs they will love the stang and never want to get into a 4 door. Sounds like your raising the new MUSTANG baby proper!!

I'm not sure if your talking about your girlfriend or wife but, tell her the noise is the waterpump making the whine....then give her the seat of the pants speed thrill!!

TheDutchTexan 02-11-2011 01:32 PM

I wouldn't say nicely.. The passenger seat needs to be pretty much all the way forward.

And my wife would know, she knows everything...

forensicsteve 02-12-2011 10:25 AM

Seriously who buys a Porsche? Are they stuck in the 80's with a Members Only jacket? Would you really want to be known as a "Porsche guy"?

I seriously would. Definitely a Porsche wanna be guy. Had my sights on a 911 twin turbo. Alas, not willing to drive 80 miles each way to the closest Porsche dealer....so settled for a Dodge.

daredevil95 02-12-2011 10:30 AM

I wouldn't consider a Viper to be settling....more like Jack-Pot!! :)

candymanjl 02-12-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil95 (Post 7414986)
I wouldn't consider a Viper to be settling....more like Jack-Pot!! :)

lol, have you driven a Dodge? It's definitely settling :D J/K vipers are cool, for that much I would have gotten a GTR though, that's my next car :D